1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey wanted Dragic over Lin, Les forced him to get Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guess Morey feels safe enough about his job to half-joke with his boss.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think you're confusing him with KingDrew.

3. sun12

sun12 Member

Now we know why the whole management and coaches do not want to play Lin.

Les did not know Rox could get Harden and Howard before the Lin contract.

Anyway, it is not late, Lin's contract just lasts one more year.

4. tada

tada Member

Don't be pissing on Les! He's a one of few very good NBA owners!!! Imagine if we had Sterling or Dolan as owner...
    As for Morey, hindsight is a b****...

5. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

WHAT SOURCES, SON???

cmon son, anyone can say "LEBRON WANTED TO COME TO HOUSTON BUT LIN STEPPED ON HIS SHOELACES —SOURCES"

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I feel like cyberx is trolling us now. The timing is way too predictable, and Morey could never say such a thing. He is the GM and he is the one that ended up hiring McHale...

7. Stats

Stats Member

Agreed. I get the coach leak...that's shifting blame but letting this leak about your owner (even if true), is not a great career move.

8. FOBolous

FOBolous Member

I think I'm going to create my own "sources" like Cyberx

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Have you been paying attention to his posts?

Let's just use two random ones as example:

1. He said that Bum Phillips passed away several hours before news broke. Nobody even knew he was ill.

2. He gave us info about 790 changing the lineup almost a month before said they are changing it

10. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

The timing for this leak is interesting... I guess the Rockets never wanted Lin from top to bottom except Les? Lin was forced down Morey's throat?

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He definitely has a source that can get legit info. Definitely. Perhaps at a radio station or an agent's office, who knows. But sources are prone to get bad office gossip passed off as legit information.

I have a source in the Texans organization. This individual hears all kinds of crazy stories that are most likely not true. Unless your source is the player, coach or GM, then what you are getting is questionable at best.

12. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Cyberx is well known around here and even Clutch for vouch for him.
    If Clutch says he's cool then he's cool with me

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

What if Cyberx is Morey or Morey's staff, and they are just looking for someone to commiserate with them about the impending fate of the team?

Let them lament a lost season. Yes, we agree with you. Goran >> Lin
    We would be in the fight for the WCF if we had gotten Goran with Harden and Howard.

I hope this teaches Morey and the FO that when you see a good player, hold on to him. Do the accounting later, because here in the NBA the window of opportunity closes very quickly.

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

It's that TV he bought that's the issue

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm having some trouble believing this one as well. The Lin contract was a gamble. NY could have matched and kept him, leaving Les between two stools, with neither Dragic nor Lin. You wouldn't do this unless (a) you were highly confident NY would not match, or (b) you were more willing to go with nothing over a player option for Dragic.

It's possible that Morey argued for an exception to the player option policy they keep because he thought Dragic was the real deal, and Les said no. And, maybe Les said no because he saw there were other options in free agency, including Lin, who wouldn't be as much of a drop-off. But, I don't see how he goes all in for Lin when success is decided by the Knicks.

16. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I thought the decision to drop Dragic was before the Lin signing? Lin was a gamble either way?

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Lin is a cash cow in the asian markets. Les wanted to keep his Yao Ming-ties with asia

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

These are both things that can be heard around the office and from friends of friends of employees, and completely different to what Morey would tell Les at a closed door meeting.

He's an ex employee. Any employee or employee's relative would know that Morey is smart enough to track down these posts via IP address and figure out who it may be through a process of elimination.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Morey fans are worse than Lin's. Both are useless to talk too

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

yeah this is what i thought as well. lin wasn't a sure thing. seems now it was more option (B) - don't give dragic 4th yr player option and if we don't sign anyone, or end up with ramon sessions or raymond felton, then so be it. the target as always been to keep flexibility for 2015 anyway.