1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey keeping close eyes to extension eligible deals that may go bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 23, 2014.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94, heypartner, craguin and 9 others like this.
  2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm hoping for David West as a sleeper. With the rise and likely fall of Indiana, they're probably going to look to retool. Roy Hibbert is getting up there in age(27 going onto 28) but he doesn't rely on athleticism. Should he play like he's supposed to then he could have a lengthy career. PG will likely be a non factor this whole upcoming season. Their bench is pretty garbage. I'm guessing Stuckey will start, but he's only there for 1 season.

West has a player option right after this season, so this is basically his last guaranteed season as a Pacer unless they trade him. David West is getting old, is hungry to win, and his future depends on what direction the Pacers are going to head in.

Will he opt out his 12 million dollar 3rd year and test free agency and maybe bolt? or will he stay loyal to the team despite the fact that they may not contend until the 2015-2016 season again IF Larry Bird works magic and re-tools the team completely.

I'm not sure if Terry can be packaged in a trade with other players but would this trade not be equal for both teams?

Terrence Jones(or Donuts), Isaiah Canaan, Nick Johnson, Jason Terry and two second rounders for David West?

Not sure if the salaries are even a tiny bit close. Probably like 6 or 7 million apart.

thots guys?

Millsap would be good but he would likely cost more, and Horford will cause soooo much more so that's even more unlikely unless Morey goes ham

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ renting David West for a year is exactly what I wanted when PG went down. I'm inclined to believe he'll stay loyal to Indiana, but I'm sure Morey has already made a phone call. JLin would look pretty good in a Pacer uniform right about now...

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Great picture, Repped.
    When I saw the picture i was alsmot certain it was a bataleur Eagle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bateleur), however now i see it is a turkey vulture...

5. Fantasma Negro

6. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Presti will not talk to Morey ever again.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebrons been soo disgruntled, his hair has grown back.

8. Fantasma Negro

I feel like Morey should go hard after Kemba Walker. Cause I just heard a rumor that OKC wants to trade Jackson for Rondo. That's a package we can't match for either player. Walker is top five in the league and I'd give him max money if I'm rockets brass, he's only going to keep getting better

1 person likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

True, I feel like this will end anticlimacticly with Rubio who is basically Jeremy Lin LoL

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

REMEMBER CYBEREX, PAGING CYBEREX!!!IT'S NOTHING HERE:rolleyes:

11. Raven

Raven Member

I agree with that. ;)

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Top 5 at what?

He's a 6 foot tall shoot first PG that can't penetrate. 17.7pts, 6.1 assists, under 40% FG% and 33% 3FG%. What's the appeal? Why would you pay him max money?

13. chandlerbang21

Every extension isn't for max money lol

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No, every extension isn't for max money but the poster that I was responding to said "I'd give him max money".

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I like Kemba Walker...but give him the max? Top 5 in the league? What in the world?

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In his defense, Kemba Walker is a Top 5 point guard in the Southeast Division

17. basketballholic

LOL.

Kemba Walker is about 5'6" tall. He can't defend other point guards. His shooting is arguably WORSE than Rubio's. And he takes 14 shots a game while Rubio takes 8. If anybody wants Kemba but doesn't want Rubio all I have to say is you gotta be kidding me, really?

LOL.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I haven't thought about Kemba Walker, but he would be a decent fit. His assist total isn't impressive, but it's okay. No glaring weaknesses. Seems to take care of the ball and shoots relatively well from everywhere on the court. He is by no means dangerous from any one spot on the floor, but he is better than Beverly to a small degree.

I would guess that Lebron's contract length has a lot to do with the new salary cap changing. I think he wants to make sure he's either the top paid player or very close.

Ariza. He scored over 18 points 28 times last year including a 40 point game. You are going to be surprised at what he can do. I think our number 3 needs to be a play maker (assists) or a post player that forces teams to put a man on him at all times.

That's bold of you.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The chances of Dwight passing up another 5 year deal are small.

He will sign the mega 5 year deal in 2 years. He loves it here in Houston.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What part about me saying he's a top 5 pg in his division makes you think I'm kidding?

Mario Chalmers
    John Wall
    Jeff Teague
    Kemba Walker
    Whoevever Orlando rolls out at PG

He's at least the 5th best point guard in his division..which was what my post had stated.