1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey keeping close eyes to extension eligible deals that may go bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 23, 2014.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Then Ariza could immediately become expendable for the point guard we need.

2. Zbed

Zbed Member

My Reggie Jackson idea is still a possibility!

3. steddinotayto

That would be sweet.

4. chandlerbang21

It would be amazing to get Gibson in a deal

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

Cyberx also mentioned that Morey likes Faried. Not sure why, as he's not a great defender or shooter, but perhaps Morey thinks he can improve.

6. chandlerbang21

Hell no don't handicap the defense even worse f that

7. steddinotayto

Hey just throwing out an idea. Why have both Ariza and Butler if you can parlay Ariza into a point guard you really need?

8. alethios

alethios Member

Why would a great point guard matter when Harden will command the ball. We need a great PF more than we need a great PG at this juncture.

9. chandlerbang21

Bulls look like perfect trade partner. They are stacked at the power forward position and butler is due for a payday

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

let's get rid of lard @$$ already.... he's clearly trying to save face and getting desperate...

11. steddinotayto

Why can't we have both? If we're talking about what I proposed earlier (getting Gibson and Butler) then that gives Morey more options to use Ariza (and also Terry) as trade bait.

12. alethios

alethios Member

That's shooting for the moon, but my hope is that we at least get better at PF.

13. steddinotayto

Aim high man :grin:

In all honesty absorbing Gibson with the TPE would be a great move IMO. Getting Ariza and Gibson to start the season would salvage this offseason a good bit.

14. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

People really think Morey will trade Ariza after just sigining him?

15. alethios

alethios Member

He can but he has to wait. I don't know how long though.

16. steddinotayto

lol dude anyone not named Howard or Harden is expendable. Do I think Ariza will be traded just like that? Nope. But if the right player comes along and you have a replacement at SF why wouldn't Morey be open to making Ariza available?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why on earth would the Bulls pay Gasol, only to trade Butler the best SG/SF on the team? That's never going to happen. That guy is an excellent player, and they know it. If they didn't want to pay the luxury tax to win it all, they could have just NOT signed Gasol who's competing with Noah and Butler for minutes.

Gibson is a possibility but I'd imagine they want something of value for him cause that's a starting calibre PF at a decent age. There were reports that he was promised a starting spot and he was not happy they withdrew that promise after signing Gasol.

I think inevitably, Millsap is a huge possibility for this team. He's in a contract year in a turbulent organization which doesn't seem to be going anywhere and don't seem to be willing to overpay him to play for a mediocre franchise. He would be just excellent for this team. We would immediately become an elite defensive team with that guy IMO.

Reggie Jackson is another possibility but he's looking at huge money and a starting spot - I'm not sure we can promise him any of those two things. He's not much better than Beverley right now, and I don't think he's worth what he thinks he's worth.

I think we could make do with just a couple of small changes too. If we could snag, for example, Brandon Bass and an ageing Steve Nash we could be a big time contender. I don't know that we have enough tradeable assets to get those guys though.

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Yea he sucks, he only got Howard last year and Harden the year before, what a piece of crap.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Hey in two years if Lebron doesn't get another championship and Harden and Howard are still going strong maybe Lebron will come sniffing around the Rockets.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

The problem is, who of the extension eligible players are worth as much as they are going to demand?

Kawhi? Yes.
    Thompson? Yes.

Those are the only two that fit into that description, and there's virtually no way either gets traded.