1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kevtse

kevtse Member

Really?? :eek::eek::eek:

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Get ready for the return of the Francis/Mobley type days once Morey is gone.

1 person likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If its because he wants another puppet and Bickerstaff is willing to go along, Morey is truly a dumbass. I don't think that is the case though...they probably want someone whose been in training camp with the guys and whatnot.

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Les needs to calm the **** down

I'm ok with McHale being gone because this team just needs a change in direction (not that I don't like McHale as a coach), but there is absolutely no need to replace Morey in the near future at all.

5. TheresTheDagger

Les....CALM DOWN.

I'm as pissed as anyone about our start but getting rid of a proven performer in Morey is not smart. Just emotional.

I guess the guy realizes his time for winning a title is short and he's beyond frustrated. The guy isn't getting any younger.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Les " Your Fired" Alexander is a Savage!!! Kudos for NOT being satisfied!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. txn

txn Member

and then we will go find a future star from China? LMAO :grin:

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

As great a GM as Morey has been, the Rockets have essentially been his team for the last few years. He vouched for McHale and McHale wasn't up to the job. This doesn't mean Morey should be fired. But a team aiming for the championship has to aim to be the best, including in coaching.

Morey is an expert at contracts and transactions, so my uninformed guess is that evaluating a coach would be one of his weaknesses. I'll bet Les told him, "You fix your weakness, or you'll be out too"

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Please dear god no.

10. Ranny

Ranny Member

With all due respect to our insider, the fact that Alexander is angry does not mean he is actually considering firing Morey. However He does need to make the entire organization feel like ANYONE can go. I would think this is strike one for Morey but unless he does something really stupid next he is far from gone yet

11. bmd

bmd Member

I don't believe Morey is truly on the hot seat.

12. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Objectively Morey looked incredibly stressed out in that interview before noon this morning. You can tell some butts were chewed out in meetings and his may have been one of them.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense for Morey to be next to go. The head coach is gone. The GM is next. I think Les gave Morey a tough task to rebuild without tanking. And Morey succeeded and along he way, even had to suffer the Lin signing Les wanted.

But these are, in the end, Morey's players. Whatever happens next, if Morey's head is on the chopping block, I hope Les pulls the trigger before hiring the next coach. I may be very wrong in this, but it seems that hiring a coach and then replacing the GM is a bad idea. Any new GM should get to hire their coach.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

A Houston sports owners with balls?

15. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I call BS until I see it from a more credible person

16. Ranny

Ranny Member

I made this question on the McHALE FIRED thread:

Random Question. Will NBA teams in need of a coach be calling McHale for a new job?

the few answers i got were: NO!

Now the same question but about Morey. Will NBA teams in need of a GM be calling Morey for a new job if he is fired?

Dont be proud anti-Morey's you know what the answer is....

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Cyberx is Tad Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While I don't believe that Morey will actually be fired, there really isn't anyone else left to fire. Les isn't going anywhere, he is the owner. You can't fire players. You can cut them or trade them, but fire? Not an option. That said, I think Les is just really, really angry right now and we all say things we don't normally mean or say when pissed.

19. joeson332

joeson332 Member

YOu have followed his posts on this forum recently right?

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

95% of Cyberx rumors happen. I trust his posts.