1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He didn't fire anyone but McHale. JVG and RA's contracts were not extended and they were not resigned. Completely different than being fired.

2. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Totally agree! His system that he's trying to implement does not fit our current roster. We have great playmakers, but no pure shooters...

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well you don't want to lose money either

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is good news, because Maury is responsible for the coaching staff, all the players, and the offensive "philosophy" the team has implemented. It's all on him.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

But, what if the pieces just don't fit? Did you know that that is possible? It may not be McHales fault that he couldn't get the pieces to fit. It could be that no one can get these pieces to fit. Harden and Lawson may not work together. Playing Moreyball without good three point shooters may not work. Morey may be giving the coaches an impossible task.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

If fired he'd have a new job before the day is over.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

why shouldn't be? He's the one that was so vocal about coaching not mattering repeatedly, then he hires a puppet. Morey is too good to let go, but he deserves to be in a hot seat situation for his arrogance.

8. basketballholic

There has to be urgency. Only 1 team, the 2005 Pistons, has even made it to the Finals after being under .500 at the 15-game mark, in the era of 7-game playoff series. And if we get to the 20-game mark still underwater, our playoff odds decrease significantly.

9. CertifiedTroll

I may seem shallow and like a bad fan for saying this, but here it goes. I won't be a Rockets fan any longer if Morey is fired. I will probably end up giving up on the sentiment once all my emotions die down, but I feel like this is just such a huge over reaction. If Les actually cleans house before we are even a quarter into a season (coming off WCF), then he is a fool. And I will not support a team with a fool for an owner.

1 person likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he's on the hot seat, that's 100% stupid.

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Sources: Les is on the hot seat.....if things don't turn around quick Les is going to fire himself, because it's ultimately all on him.

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Makes sense. Morey's moves are awesome, but his offensive philosophy is not. Maybe Les is just as mad at the 3 and layups only concept as us fans are. It's not fun to watch.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Wow Dekker is an injured rookie, how is he in the category of Royce already?

I would also add Chandler to your list of achievements.. and take off Harrell he's definitely still a work in progress.

14. basketballholic

Les can't fire himself for forcing Morey's hand to sign Lin. So he's got to hold Morey accountable for everything else I guess.

15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

If that is true, then Morey should resign his position and work for another NBA team. Leave Les Alexander with his quitting diva.

16. malakas

malakas Member

EVERY GOOD TEAM IN THE LEAGUE USES ANALYTICS AS MUCH AS THE ROCKETS!!!
    GSW DOES SPURS DO CAVS DO.
    Stop with this bullcrap.
    Because Morrey talks too much you think he is the only one using analytics?:rolleyes:

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

If Morey is really making the decision to stick with Bickerstaff for the whole season, then he should be on the hot-seat.

He has done a great job of evaluating talent and constructing a roster, and, for this reason, I hope he remains the GM for a long time to come. However, if his desire to control what happens on the court means he is not willing to share power with a capable coach (such as Thibbs) then he does need to be fired.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not saying Les didnt put pressure on him directly..It's just not surprising. Don't expect Morey to be fired soon though, I think that's how some people are seeing this..I think Les will give him the rest of the season to clean this up.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Absolutely. Teams would fire their gms left and right to try to get him.
    I hope Hammond is fired in about 1 second after to try to lure Morrey.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think firing Morey would be a bad idea BUT when all Morey wants to do is bring in coaches who follow his philosophy then I guess he deserves to be in the hot seat when the coaching staff fails. Didn’t Adelman have issues with Morey? It seems like he left a little miffed that Morey wasn’t consulting him on roster moves or something along those lines.

Morey needs to keep GMing and bring in a proven coach who is allowed to coach the way he/she believes is best without interference.