1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey is officially in the HOT seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I honestly don't think Morey is going to get fired.

I think Les is pissed at Morey for holding onto McHale for so long. My guess is that Morey is the one who has really pushed for McHale to be the coach here.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Les already named JB coach for the year..You're over thinking this. Morey is just next line. He has to be on hot seat, by default.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

And this is the problem. Morey is not bigger then the team. I'm a Rocket fan first before I'm the fan of the players, it's coach, it's GM, etc. Morey seems like a nice guy but he has grown to have such a cult following that he has been above valid criticism. He shouldn't be off limits when it comes to making changes if this thing collapses. I appreciate Les putting some damn accountability out there.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope Alexander is staring right at James Harden, all game long, from courtside.

2 people like this.
  5. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Cyber, is Les really rolling with JB the rest of the season?

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Morey really preached URGENCY in his McHale firing presser, and with this CyberBomb, now we can see one of the reasons why.

I agree that a coaching change needed to be made, but I would pump the breaks on dumping Morey. No GM is perfect, but I would consider Morey one of the best.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

This might just be sending a message. I don't see how you could blame Morey for this catastrophe.

If the Rockets were to fire him, Morey would be by far the hottest commodity in front office circles.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sure, (t)his next hire is a big one.

No more puppets.

Did he fire JVG?
    Hired Adelman, fired Adelman
    Hired McHale, fired McHale
    Hire this next coach, will he fire him or will he be fired with him?

That'll be 3 coaches. And we're not talking 3 coaches within 5 years like dysfunctional franchises Sacramento or Charlotte.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That surprises me not at all. I'm sure Les will give Morey a chance to fix this, but he better get a coach in here who can bring this group together. The talent is there(especially once D-Mo returns). What's lacking is the effort and gameplan.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is GREAT. That means Morey can't just hire a puppet to play his system. Welcome an actual real Head Coach next summer!

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

We are the Chelsea FC of basketball. How sad...

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Firing Morey would be a HUGE mistake..Good Gm's are harder to find than coaches! Don't do it!

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

too many 14th picks and the way the sixers are rolling these last few years might hurt him

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Why would you fire Morey? He is the one that has gathered all this talent. We just need someone to manage it effectively.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is it firing someone if you let their contract expire and don't rehire them?

16. malakas

malakas Member

Stop doubting cyberx. He is a proven insider who always comes through.

Other than that I'm shocked.
    If I had to choose as a fan between Harden and Morrey I would choose Morrey. I would pick only AD (if he can remain healthy) and Lebron over the current players in the league over Morrey.
    Without him the franchise will be in a bad direction. The Morreys of the world don't grow on trees.

1 person likes this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This team is far too reliant on 3-pointers. Especially this season. They've had 3-on-1 fast breaks where they're kicking it out for a perimeter shot rather than attacking the basket. The system needs some serious revising.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The threat that keeps on motivating.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Well, either way he looked like he saw a ghost during that press conference. H He has to feel the pressure, whether it's coming from above or not.

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This. If you're the owner, your leverage is the threat of firing people. First you shoot the guy the team isn't playing for. Then you point the gun at the next guy up the chain of command. It's a simple message: "Make it happen."