1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey eyeing Gordon Hayward next summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This makes a lot of sense actually. Clear Ariza, Brewer off the payroll for Gay. Kick the tires on him on the team for a playoff run. Throw a max at Gordon if he doesn't take it resign Gay.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

The only reason I'd want Gay is if you want to tank the season, miss the playoffs and get high pick.

Losing Ariza+ getting Gay = losing season.

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

who isnt eyeying haywood? the sixers, thats about it. oh and the mavs too ;)
    he's gonna get about 10 new free iphones next summer. probably force fed his favorite foods till he signs with a team.

4. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

"Maybe we can get him NOW for Brewer and protected 2nd round pick?" - every trade suggestions thread post ever :rolleyes:

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

I feel like we overvalue ariza and the kings over value rudy gay but I think rudy gay would be a great get mind as well do this trade and see how it goes than just try to give up ariza for a 2nd round draft during the summer trying to get cap space if a star sees james can play with rudy amd make him better they might be even more intrigued but that's alot of ifs

6. Nook

Nook Member

Not sure the Jazz make the playoffs... but assuming they do, why would he go to Houston? Because Harden & Hayward >>> Hayward. I don't think it is any guarantee he leaves the Jazz, but there are other teams he would help make better than the Jazz.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would trade everyone on our team not named brewer and ariza for hayward

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Please... Morey doesnt even have the sense to get MDA to stop playing Brewer who shouldnt still be here int he first. I lost all confidence in Morey I dont think he can get the job done anymore.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

It's a sure upgrade, getting him at his peek, but not quite enough to move the needle. Has he made the all star team yet? He's kinda like a nice 3rd wheel, like Schempf or Hornacek, but not quite a second wheel.

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

This is 'meh' to me. I actually really like Hayward's game, but to me he's a more polished Parsons with better scoring ability (better D too). Now that's not a bad thing at all, because Parsons was great with us and Hayward would make this team a lot better, but he's no 2nd star either.

Still, it would be a very very solid team.

Gordon/Beverley
    Harden
    Hayward
    - ?
    Capela

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hayward would be a huge score and would absolutely turn this team into a juggernaut.

Still, seems farfetched to pry him away from the j*zz.

12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

It's a win if we sign Hayward, keep Ariza, and lose Brewer. you can't say we don't improve. literally replacing brew with Hayward. It may not be Paul George or whatever, but it's anot improvement and I'll always take improvements.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Really? I'm thinking this team might be two Haywards away from being a juggernaut.

Definitely a solid piece you can't pass on, but I don't think we're set to contend with

Capela
    Anderson
    Hayward/Ariza
    Gordon/Beverley
    Harden

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not true contenders certainly, but we could surprise people.

Now If you add Gordon Hayward and Demarcus Cousins, now we are talking contender.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Fixed :).. Come on, you know its true, lol.

Cashmoney likes this.
  16. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Gordon Haywood is a pretty good #2

On the Jazz he's overmatched as a #1, but in the right role here he would be fantastic.

17. Fantasma Negro

So what would be the plan? Play Dekker primarily at the four, Hayward would start at three with Ariza off the bench? , Bev-KJ-Ariza-Dekker-Nene. If they're hitting shots it could work...

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

Another option would be to trade for him in season. Would only happen if they suffer a significant injury and are concerned about losing him in the offseason. With Ariza's contract, we may be uniquely positioned to close a deal.

I agree that we shouldn't dismiss that he's already tried to leave Utah once. It may have been business related and things may have changed since then, but it's possible he wanted out.

19. rockets13champs

Gordon Hayward got a good lookin wife bring her to a big market

20. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

[​IMG]