1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey eyeing Gordon Hayward next summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How do you know he doesn't meet a naked and crying IT in the showers and hug him?

2. MystikArkitect

YOU stop selling the Rockets short and think bigger than this. Why not just get a time machine and bring back prime Hakeem and MJ with prime Peja, Chris Mullen, Ray Allen for 3 pt bombs and Rodman to shore up our rebounding?

FTW Rockets FTW and J.R. like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gonna give that sore hip (of IT's) a rub, huh? ;)

I wasn't talking about Hayward. I was talking about goldoil's fantasy scenario of Jabari Parker, Rudy Gobert, Rob Covington, Jeff Teague, Gorgui Dieng

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another thread becoming a Random Trade thread

Newsflash: Post your fantasy trade scenarios in the below thread

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

This thread should be about sauces saying Maury eyeing GH

GH - Greasy Hamburger
    [​IMG]

saleem, Vivi and J.R. like this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha OK. Glad you got the reference though. Not sure if everyone here will.

6. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

"Realistic"? You are mind-numbingly ignorant trailer-trash.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This guy is a genius.....

goldoil, BigMaloe and J.R. like this.
  9. rockets13champs

Robert Covington is realistic option

saleem likes this.
  10. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Danilo Gallinari seems realistic too

I want: Hayward + Ibaka
    Will settle for: Galinari + Ibaka
    Will probably get: Galinari

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Absolutely can't discount that Miami lifestyle.
    Plus I still think Riley has a lot of pull, and Spoelstra is a really solid coach.
    Add in their late year amazing play... and it's a pretty solid fit.

It's not a better be a great team fit than Utah, Boston or (cough, cough) the Rockets... but it beats all those cities lifestyle wise. Mabye Mrs. Hayward is ready to get her Miami on.

13. JayZ750

Dream option A. Move Ariza/Williams for cap space to sign Hayward.

CP3 leaves the Clippers. Blake says he wants to leave, too. Offer the Clips Anderson, Bev, Dekker for Blake in a sign and trade.

PG: Harden
    SG: Gordon
    SF: Hayward
    PF: Griffin
    C: Capela

Bench: Nene, Trez, ?????

Gallinari is a disaster waiting to happen imo. Dude is ALWAYS injured. ALWAYS. He'll get overpaid given that. And will have a Ryan Anderson like impact - be pretty pretty solid and seem VERY integral to an amazing offense... yet still pretty much suck. Then you're stuck with another high teens, multi-year contract, and not surprising, having the exact same conversation next offseason.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am opposed to any trade scenario that includes Patrick Beverley. I don't want to see a Rockets team ever that includes Harden but not Bev. Also, am I crazy that I'd rather add Deandre Jordan than Blake Griffin?

15. JayZ750

You're crazy in both regards.

If you have to move PBev to get Blake Griffin you do it.

And Blake is a better player than DJ. Just is. You'd only not be crazy if you factor in the injury history. Capela is also no DJ, but is DJ-lite, so it's not as much a position of need. And, finally... can anyone bear to watch anymore hack-a?? That **** is impossible to watch.

16. Williamson

Right but Capela has trouble with big men with size. DJ doesn't. Nobody is really bigger. And Blake a.) cannot spread the floor and b.) spends a significant amount of time injured every year. Being on the court matters. DJ is pretty reliable in that regard. Like, in a perfect world, I'd have Gobert playing center for the Rockets with James as our star, but Deandre Jordan is a more realistic possibility being a Houston Native and there being the possibility that the Clippers have to blow it up.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he can't even be on the court at the end of games so he's not really reliable

18. Williamson

That's fair I guess.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Is Miami able to get another 20Mx year player if they sign Hayward though? Cause if not don't see them being better than Utah anyway, the Jazz have also way more young talent and picks/assets to trade, Miami traded two 1st picks to Phoenix (one also unprotected) for Dragic. Obviously Miami is a lot better than Salt Lake City, but still...i'd take Boston over Miami as an enviroment if i am Hayward.

20. JayZ750

True, though this matters less and less. He struggled against the Thunder but the Rockets won. He played really well against the Spurs who have really solid bigs - just not "big" bigs - and the Rockets lost.

I think more to your point, Capela isn't the lane clogging, amazing defense switching insane rebounding big that DJ is. Which is true.

As I said, he's not as good as DJ.

Not like Ryan Anderson, but then in the playoffs Ryan Anderson couldn't either. Do you HAVE to have a PF that shoots 40% from three? I mean you're never going to have KD or Draymond out there at PF. If MDA, Harden and the Rockets can't figure out a way to have an even better offense with Blake than Ryan Anderson then the team has HUGE problems... in that its just another example of Harden being more of a player that elevates average NBA players but struggles alongside other all-star potential players.

Legitimate.

Bear in mind though, we have a lot of posters advocating for signing Danillo Gallinari

This might sound a bit ludicrous, but would the difference between Gobert and DJ be neutralized because of the Rockets playing style?? Meaning, I think Gobert is best suited for Utah Jazz pace. They were 30th in pace this year. DJ can play in pace. Gobert I'm sure could, but his impact would be lessened.