1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: McHale is trying to get the team to acquire Mike Dunleavy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2014.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Whatever gets Garcia off the court, I'm down for.

2. Classic

Classic Member

I like Dunleavy off the ball. Guy is great off the curl. Would add a nice dimension to the offense.

If there is a firesale in Chi-town, I like Heinrich (without knowing his contract) too.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Damn. From Luol Deng to Tony Snell in a matter of hours?

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Captain Kirk is a sexy $4mill expiring. Rumor that GSW is gunning hard for him. I'd imagine that he will require more than Dunleavy

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Dunlevy can't create to himself if his life is depended on it. He is nothing but a good spot up shooter, a super sized Garcia.

He will not lessen the load on Harden.

6. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]
    & then just get Asik out there now...

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nooooooo. Upgrading their backup PG spot would put GSW over the top. No, no, no.

8. Asian Sensation

Remember Brent Barry's not so glorious run with us? Yea.. I have a feeling that's what Dunleavy would end up being like for us if we acquired him. I really wish there was a way we could've kept Del3no. He was so good for us and he likely wouldn't have gotten hurt if he were still a Rocket.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Doesn't need to create for himself, the 2nd unit as this team has it constructed, would make his off ball movement sync with jeremy lin running the offense.

The injury Delfino is suffering is related to his dunk on KD in the playoffs, lol

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Well said. Respect

11. chandlerbang21

Watch a bulls game bro he will easily be the best shooter on the team. Spot up , midrange , off screens and off dribble.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Dunleavy will make shots. That alone will lighten the load on Harden and Howard.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Mike D trade makes since from what I've heard. No, I'm not an insider like CyberX, Doc Rocket, Clutch etc..., but I have access to rumblings in certain NBA markets due to personal relationships.

We already know Morey is looking for a shooter, but he also is considering putting a 3-guy at a traditionally power forward spot. With Dwight in the paint, we could get away with being a little smaller at times.

I can't say a whole lot yet for privacy issues, and because there are many on here that crucify people that contribute what they heard or call them "liars," but I'll say more when I can. Chicago may have a firesale going on, but watch out for New Orleans :), and dare i hear...Indy...weird.

1 person likes this.
  14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I think he will be a great fit for our team in offense.

I quoted the post saying he would lessen the load on Harden and Parsons. For a player who needs others to create for him (83+% of his shots were assisted), he will not lessen the load.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Doesn't need to be able to create for himself, needs to be able to play alongside Jeremy for several minutes to let Harden sit his ass down.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I would have loved Delfino as well, but the truth is his injury this year is directly related to the OKC series. He hasn't played a single minute for the Bucks.

Del3no got paid, we dodged a bullet, Bucks continue to tank without admitting it.

Win-win-win

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

DMo for Anthony Davis, says Codman!

18. Asian Sensation

I had no idea it was a lingering injury. I thought it was a new one for some reason. Point is we need to find the next Del3no. I don't think Dunleavy is it. The thing that made Delf3no so good was his personality and swag. I hate using that word and try to avoid it at all costs. It was subtle but he definitely had it. Dunleavy is just another brick in the wall. On a team full of laidback mundane personalities he's the last thing we need.

19. StandontheLake

The Bucks are looking to trade Gary Neal.

Similar player, worth keeping an eye on that.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

Always admired his basketball IQ. Moves without the ball, 40% 3ball, and he's tall, very tall. Got on the elevator one time with me-- cool story, bro-- and had to duck to get in. Anyway, i think McHale likes tall players (see: Parsons starting as a rookie), and imagine he'd really like this one.

If we don't get him, Garcia better step it up, or we're going to continue to lose to mediocre teams.