1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: McHale is trying to get the team to acquire Mike Dunleavy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I can tell you for sure that wasn't actually the case. It was misinformation put out there that Royce's agent bought.

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Here's a post from a guy on the Bulls board who they consider to be a reliable insider. Says we offered up the NYK 2nd, along with what sounds like Brewer and Smith for Dunleavy, but the Bulls don't want to trade him unless they can get a first:

#402 redhotrox, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Who do they think Dunleavy is? JJ Redick? Dude's 33 years old now. Like old teammate Battier, he's got one foot into his post-NBA career.

Stupid trade deadline posturing. I am glad I have stocks to distract me from the trade deadline this year.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Dunleavy...do not want. Would rather just go after Morrow.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Can it suffice if we say that we will never trust Fred Hoiberg's advice ever again? Sorry Melvin Ejim, Royce White ruined it for your entire school.

[​IMG]

6. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I would do give them a first if we could get a 2nd round this year + anouther second without any restriction

7. FeaR

FeaR Member

No way, i would give a first round pick for Dunleavy.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey would be willing to trade Casspi as a part of the package for Dunleavy. A part of Chicago's plan is to amnesty Boozer and possibly trade Gibson for less $ in the summer to chase a star and maybe sign Mirotic. If so, then they need to find low-priced talent who can play. Casspi, under contract next year at the minimum (non-guaranteed) fits the bill for them.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Cassipi has a team option, makes him even more valuable in your instance

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Well the Bulls are still a playoff team in the Leastern conference, so I can understand why they’re not interested in shedding a productive vet on a reasonable salary unless it’s a no-brainer. I mean last season do you think Morey would have moved Delfino for a second round pick?

The Bulls fans in that thread are completely delusional on Dunleavy’s worth though – half of them think they can get TJones for him and then got pissed when the insider chimed in with what was really on the table lol.

11. FeaR

FeaR Member

A little of topic: From Sbnation(Dallas)

For Asik
    For Rondo
    I don't want to overvalue our players or Rondo but ... the proposals are laughable.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wright is a semi useful player. errr.... Larkin on the other hand.

13. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I'm not sure how Danny Ainge is going to turn down that offer, doubt anyone in the league has better assets than those studs.

14. Raven

Raven Member

No way in hell is he worth a first round pick, laughable.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

1st round pick for Dunleavy......

not sure if srs

16. valorita

valorita Member

Dunleavy is poor mans parsons.
    Do no want

17. anchel

anchel Member

Casspi is a valid player for us. Still, I guess I would accept giving Casspi + 2nd round for Dunleavy.

Thanks for that source redhotrox, seems reliable.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Bulls board wants Terrence Jones or Parsons, lol. I think we should keep our players see how we do. Fans aside it seems that GM's also want too much for average about to retire players or players who just came off Injury's and aren't even superstars when they are 100%. We're winning I say stay put unless you can get a wing who can defend and shoot three's for Garcia+Brewer and 2nd rounders, Asik can rot on the bench if he doesn't want to play we survived this long without him.

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Our 1st will be in the 20s, which is only marginally better than NY's 2nd. I don't see how this can be the holdup.

20. Progs

Progs Member

The Rockets should try and get Jimmer.