1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lakers willing to part with Ingram - gauging SAS for Kawhi

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, the Kawli rumors are real? Would his personality fir into Showtime's esprit?

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't think they could do that.

Trading Ingram for Leonard would be adding salary next year to the tune of $15 million. Unless the Spurs are helping them out (why would they do that?) then they would be giving up on having two max slots.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Harden in 4 years too

jk

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What's the deal with his health, though?

I mean if the Spurs are willing to move him, must be somewhat in the air.

s3ts likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Lakers have been very vocal all year.

SIL

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

What a dumb statement.

Dudes from Cali, he'd have no problem playing for the Lakers.

SIL

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Well there are two asses in “Assassins” so I can see it

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I mentioned this in another thread. No team has the assets of the Lakers in a potential deal for Kawai. Which then opens the door for Lebron to actually go to the Lakers

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Celtics would unload their treasure chest too

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Lakers already realise Kuzma > Ingram.

Like a certain few on Clutchfans already knew heading into this season and were mocked for even saying so.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Would be interesting to see how Kawhi does without the Pop system and if he can play at a high level or if he’s like a Harrison Barnes type of player

slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think the Spurs would definitely ask for both Ingram and Kuzma.

Murray / Kuzma / Ingram / Aldridge / Gasol
    Mills / Forbes / Green / Gay / Lauvergne
    Parker / Ginobili / Anderson

I mean, the Spurs set themselves up for the future, while in the present, the machine keeps rolling. It's crazy.

Not sure what the Spurs have to give up besides Kawhi, but this team will be the most potential the Spurs have had, in years. Pop will turn Kuzma and Ingram into stars.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Even for an injury riddled Kawhi the price would be huge. Ingram is not nearly enough to be the centerpiece of such a trade.

If we know anything about the Spurs it's that they won't hastily make a move; there was good reason to think they should ditch LMA but they held on to him and now he's prospering. And Kawhi is significantly better than LMA. So I don't see them even entertaining the notion of moving him unless they get an historic return in a trade, the kind which we'll all be telling our grandkids about in 50 years.

pippendagimp and justtxyank like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't know about stars... especially with Ingram. Kuzma definitely possible.

It might be crazy, but I don't think the Lakers move Kuzma for Kawhi. Which definitely would be crazy (assuming Kawhi is healthy... he's only 4-5 years older than Kuzma)...

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

The problem with attracting FA becomes even bigger, if Kawhi is traded.

Would Aldridge be happy? Would FAs come if Kawhi is no longer on the team? Would a team that's (- Kawhi, + incoming Lakers) be able to challenge GS and Houston, this season?

Lots of questions. Like @Haymitch said, Spurs are going to do this with intense scrutiny.

16. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

If I'm the Spurs, I wouldn't trade Leonard. If they do decide to trade him however, I would ask nothing short of Ingram + Kuzma + Randle/Nance + Clarkson.

Hell, replace Randle/Nance and Clarkson with Lonzo if we want to see some sparks fly between Pimp-a-b**** and Big Baller.

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Imma have to save this and use it on a later date

Pen15clubber and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

If I’m the Lakers I’m willing to part ways with anybody for Kawhi. Ball would flourish with the Spurs.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would Lonzo + Kawhi be enough to lure LeBron? Lonzo and Kawhi are going to be basement-dwelling in the WC for a long time, if LeBron decides that the core isn't good enough.

I don't think Popovich wants any part of Lavar Ball. Pop has been known to bench his best players - the minute he benches Ball or DNPs Ball, Lavar is going to have a field day.

Would make great drama for fans, though. Lavar calling out one of the greatest coaches in NBA history.

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lakers aren't trading Ball, he brings in the money and the fanbase (for the most part) love him. If the Lakers are willing to part with Ingram/Kuzma/Randle/Clarkson for Kawhi/other pieces, Spurs would take that in a HEARTBEAT. All based off Pops ability to mold young players. You add that to Murray/Aldridge/whatever. They would sadly... have 5-10 more years IMO.

BUT lakers aren't giving that much for Kawhi. They can hold onto their key pieces and still sign two stars this offseason. For the right price though.. Ingram/Clarkson/picks they would do it.

da_juice likes this.