1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Kevin Love has been added on Rockets list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 16, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

CP3 (Gordon)
    Harden
    Butler
    Whoever
    Love

Ex and current Allstar team.

Plowman likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think old Barkley was still gud for 14 ppg and 14-15 rpg.

3. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

I’d trade Capela in a blink for K. Love.

Well if we can’t get anything better

RyanB likes this.
  4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is where it hurts not having filler salaries (CC @justtxyank).

I'd absolutely be open to experimenting with Love, but not at the cost of Capela and either Tucker/Gordon... and there's no other way that I can see financially to make it work. Capela and Nene almost gets you there, but not quite.

In theory, you could acquire a $3M ish salary with one of your trade exceptions... but then you couldn't aggregate that player for 60 days.

everyday eddie, Vivi, Deuce and 4 others like this.
  5. today

today Contributing Member

So at this point all trades are working off of 2019-2020 salaries, correct?

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Kevin Love has always been the ultimate Moreyball stretch 5. Not only 3s but he's an excellent rebounder.

Been asking since last year a Capela/Gordon + other stuff for KLove. Let's see if he can make it happen.

Kevin Love would be the best big man we've had since... Dream?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Experiment with love?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

daywalker02, Rudyc281 and The Cat like this.
  8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Of course but it isn't impossible if this is where Butler wants to be. Love isn't happening with 4 years, If he'd played like an All-star then maybe but coming off that year you can't risk him and CP3 and Harden's super max.

Butler or wait for a better younger player.

malakas likes this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This is great news. KLove would be the perfect addition to this team. He can rebound, shoot threes, and finish. But is getting KLove in addition to getting Butler or is getting Love more of a contingency?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think our numerous trade exceptions help with this. 60 days is nothing in the offseason. You can agree in principle and formalize 60 days later, no big deal.

I remember Morey picked up quite a few players with N'garanteed deals at the begining of last offseason, I could see him doing the same this offseason.

We actually have a lot of trade exceptions.

[​IMG]

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and Zergling like this.
  11. justtxyank

For a serious response...

Yes. Not interested in Gordon/Capela/Tucker combo for Love. We have so few salaries to aggregate, we have to hit on any deal we make here.

Vivi, Rudyc281, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  12. justtxyank

The non-guaranteed trick he did no longer works. They closed that loophole. There are some ways you could try to manipulate it with moving guarantee dates and stuff, but it's definitely not as doable as it was that year.

I DO hope they use those trade exceptions though.

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  13. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

This is exactly what I thought. Capela looked lost and clueless. And, completely one dimensional. There are other bigs out there that can catch a lob when needed.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Rockets are acting like a gambling addict. Already lost the car and the house and now decided to sell their own organs and play the earnings in fruit machines.

There needs to be some intervention before Tilman has to sell Harden off to china to pay off our debts.

RyanB, ghettocheeze and saleem like this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Confirmed. Morey has lost his god damn mind. I feel sorry for Harden. We are getting the white version of Carmelo Anthony but with a mx contract.

malakas likes this.
  16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Thinking out loud, though — I think the obvious "first move" for Morey has to be trying to use those trade exceptions to get one or two salaries in the $2M to $3M range. Timing makes sense, since I'm sure there will be teams trying to offload salaries for the first wave of FA.

The downside is that he probably has to wait until July 1, because if he were to do it in June, I'm thinking that would push them over the tax line and defeat the purpose of a lot of manuevers they already did (and bringing repeater concerns back into play). But if he acquired some filler salary on July 1, those pieces could then be aggregated on September 1.

It's actually somewhat reminiscent of the situation that got Love to Cleveland in the first place, when everybody knew the deal was done but they had to wait until mid-August to announce it so that Wiggins' 30-day clock could expire.

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Zergling

Zergling Member

Too bad that both Harden and Paul took max salary contracts. It's really hurting Morey's flexibility.

I was checking the Spurs' salary cap over the past decade. I know the cap has gone up, but basically Chris Paul's current salary is higher than Dunan, Parker, and Ginobili's COMBINED salaries on their last deals. That's how you win championships and stay elite forever.

RyanB likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean Morey will pursue every available star player. I can assure you he will call Kawhi’s team to see if they’d be interested in a sign and trade as well.

Most of them will be unlikely. KLove I would say is most likely because he doesn’t have to pick us. But it would take CC and EG; that’s a lot for a guy that might not make a difference. You also have to consider that any other player would also involve trading EG and Capela, and considering guys like Butler and Love aren’t built to play a full regular season, we’re gonna struggle for seeding.

RyanB and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

I remember Olynik yanked KLove's shoulder out of socket a couple of years ago. What are the other injuries he's had?

Remember how we all thought EG was just a cursed injury-prone guy at the time Morey signed him. He's given us 75, 68 and 69 games in his three seasons here. I'd take that level of durability from Love.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's 2019 though. How many teams are exploiting Love in the paint?

And unlike Capela who also is still too scrawny and mentally weak to challenge thicker big men, Love can punish his defender on the offensive end by bombing corner threes all day, which also opens the paint up for Harden/CP3/Gordon drives.

Rudyc281 likes this.