1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Jvg not interested in Rockets because of relationship with owner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Apr 18, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

With respect, Cy, your bomb is the polar opposite of Woj'. Frankly, I believe yours as I have understood the two to have had rocky times and a craggier break-up.

That said, one can come home again.

Regardless, I appreciate your post while unsure what I want to believe. I mean, gimme Stotts, I'm ok. Gimme Boden, I'm ok. There must be a clone of one of them yet still offering the kind of 'name' Owner Alexander demands.

In your hearing is there any chance of a college hire?

Thanks.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Personally I've always thought Cyberx is full of ****. So I'm doubting this info.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was probably true... at one point... but doesn't mean its in direct response to the most recent rumors and doesn't mean it can't change.

If this team can fire its coach 10 games into a season.... frankly, anything is possible.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It makes too much sense though.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

is cyberx joel blank?

6. dmoneybangbang

I think Cyberx may have some good insight at times, but my gut is telling me this isn't the case here.

JVG could have gone back to coaching, but seems he's been waiting for the opportunity. Maybe JVG just talks nice about everything but he sure does seem to like all things Houston.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Firing McHale eleven games into a season probably makes it harder to reel in a top level coach. Les and Morey look like amateurs that are capable of making rash decisions at any moment. Also, how many coaches are going to want to sign on to be a puppet coach forced to play Moreyball?

8. dmoneybangbang

Dumb narratives are hard to kill. Dumb dumb dumb.

9. Mr. Motiejunas

Didn't Cyber say earlier in the season when McFail was fired to not be surprised if JVG was our coach next season? What changed?

10. Mr Chuck Norris

This troll makes a good point

1 person likes this.
  11. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

damn if JVG doesn't like Les. He has got to go. Think the Clippers will trade Balmer for Alexandria and a second round pick?

12. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

well **** I livei n Louisiana now I meant ALEXANDER

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Woj is a source that's pretty reliable. So cyberX is this what Van Gundy told you himself? Or are you going off someone else's word?

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Alot of people don't. I wouldn't. How much money would the devil have to offer for you to sign your soul away. Woj may be saying JVG is who Morey wants and possibly who Les wants but the Rockets might not be JVG's choice. With a scum bucket like Les Alexander as an owner who would trust the Rockets? There is a reason why alot of ex Rockets do not even praise this organization. It took years for them to forgive this place. I wish someone from Houston with tons of noney would just buy the Rockets already.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Not opposite of what woj is saying. Cyber just said that jvg will likely turn us down even though we will talk to him as first choice.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No ma'am, he said JVG wasn't interested. Meaning there won't be an interview.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not saying Woj is wrong here, but i'm not sure he's as good as in other situations when he talks about the Rockets...i remember him chocking a couple of Rockets picks at the draft, the Asik to Boston was a done deal for him...so yeah...

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why not? KMc is first to ever get canned. He's not meddlesome. He has an open checkbook. Owner Alexander is not my cuppa but he's not a bad owner.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, is it really the polar opposite? One says that JVG is at the top of the Rockets' list. The other says JVG isn't interested in the Rockets.

Unless I didn't read something correctly.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Right? To me it looks like 2 puzzle pieces that fit together.