1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They are getting close to a point where they may have to trade D12 no matter what.

2. dje243

dje243 Member

My thoughts exactly... Dwight is actually having a really nice year and looks to be in fine shape for a 2 to 3 year window. Having his bird rights and knowing he wants to be there insures you have a borderline star center to anchor your defense for a run with Wade and Bosh. Hassan would have just walked to the highest bidder.

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If Ariza is dealt, I wouldn't mind chasing Batum in FA among others if we miss out on Durant.

4. thejav

thejav Member

trade howard for whiteside now..sign durant in the offseason..compete!!!

5. dje243

dje243 Member

I would throw a lot of money at Barnes. Even if it doesn't work out for us it will make GSW uncomfortable.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have to agree with you there, but I have to keep faith that Morey is trying everything he can to avoid Whiteside its just that to play ball with Miami (& involve a 3rd team to take Whiteside) he's got to maintain public persona that they have interest. Kind of like what they did earlier with Markieff Morris (which now seems to look more like they were trying to find a way to dump Brewer's deal & take advantage of PHO's situation).

I guess we will see but if they do trade for Whiteside as him as the primary piece back in the trade, I have to agree with you that this is not good and shows some stubbornness which Morey doesn't seem to have, but we might just have issues if this is the case.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Whiteside or Horford for me. Whiteside is basically Dwight without having to feed him as much in the post. That would sting a little, though, given the fact we had him in Rio Grande for a while.

8. dje243

dje243 Member

Flexibility is king this summer but I really hope Morey and co have a plan in place outside of just "KD or bust". I think we'll obviously have a meeting and a chance to woo him but even with him we'll need a cast of elite role players to make a run at GSW.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

THIS.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou.</p>&mdash; Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303232053510144">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Don't know how to embed tweets but Adam Spolane on Twitter (@adamSpolane) said he's heard a 3 team deal where Horford and Teague go to Miami, Atlanta gets Howard, and Rockets get Dragic, Whiteside, and Anderson. Apparently the Hawks want Winslow as well but Riley won't budge.

This is a crappy trade for the Rockets! Hope this doesn't happen!

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

1.) Our GM is Morey, Daryl.
    2.) Where have you gotten this silly notion that Morey does not give a crap about chemistry and personalities?
    3.) How exactly do we have locker room problems? We have a sudden decline in our players problem.

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Can we change that to Howard to Atlanta, Horford and Teague to Houston, and a personal Valentine's card from Daryl Morey to Miami?

14. malakas

malakas Member

Who Is spolane???
    Teague for Dragic is a bad deal for atlanta and I dont know why they would do it. Even less capspace to resign bazemore.

15. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I think I'd rather have Horford/Teague and deal with Atlanta directly.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just getting Horford and Teague for Dwight is a better deal.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah that's not going to happen jack, why would Atlanta give up so much for just Howard?? Dragic contract is not something Morey is going to take on. Hell no to Anderson, that tattoo heavy freak needs to stay away...Whiteside is cool and I don't mind a headcase, but not sure that's what you want on a team struggling with chemistry already.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou. &mdash; Adam Spolane

PASS!

As others have said, we could just cut out the middle man and take Horford/Teague ourselves, if Atlanta wants Dwight & is willing to move those two.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Does this guy have credibility?

If so this trade actually looks great for Houston. Expect for the fact that you'll likely have to eat Lawson's salary and waive him before the team gets back on the court. I'd sign up for this deal all day every day even though Whiteside is a headcase, and likely will be a rental, and Dragic will likely have to come off the bench as a 6th man.

Edit: Nevermind. Spolane is a 610 radio host with zero proven cred. 610 royally pissed off the Rockets a few years ago so I doubt the Rockets allow leaks of this magnitude to trickle all the way down to radio hosts making 12 dollars an hour.

20. malakas

malakas Member

1) whatever spelling nazi :rolleyes:
    2) just about every analyst who is actually RELIABLE and know what they are saying, agrees to that.
    3) yeah ok. Thats now hiding from the truth. When terry straight up goes and says to the prrss we dont like playing with each other...what more proof you want? Fistfights?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.