1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well if dd says it must be true!

RB

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Unfortunately I'm not so sure anyone will give him what he wants. I'm afraid he'll stay and we'll be stuck eating this same **** sandwich for another year. This is why I absolutely hate player option contacts.

3. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Hope there will be some Codman/ CyberX news today :)

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I think we should keep an eye out on Rubio. I can see the Rockets trading Lawson and Dekker for Rubio.

6. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Yea, Morey likes him too. Rubio and Ryan Anderson at the deadline would be great

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think we've learned for the Lawson disaster that we don't need to add a ball handler to play with Harden.

As for Dwight. I expect him to stay until summer and then walk away. The Rockets don't want him, even at a discount price.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Why would the Wolves take that trash for Rubio?

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would love to know Morey's minimum caliber deal he'd be willing to take to move him?

Because we know that they want him back this Summer but on a cheaper deal. So what deal constitutes as good enough to eliminate the ability to get him back on a value deal?

In other words I think a Dwight deal only happens if its too good to pass up. Which doesn't make me think its likely to happen. If the Rockets were truly given up on getting him back this Summer then that's one thing. A Dwight for Splitter/Teague type deal would make some sense to get depth back for next year without losing a ton this year, or maybe you move him for some expirings and a late 1st to a team like Boston.

But in this scenario, as mentioned, as long as Howard is a viable candidate to resign for less this Summer (which he is until someone comes out and says they would entertain a max offer), I would think that such deals would have to not be considered and only a "Brooklyn Pick/Boston type" deal gets it done.

So don't hold your breath guys. If the Rockets do make the playoffs though, Dwight has been very good the past couple years. Might at least make an entertaining first round if the Rockets can get anyone than the Warriors. Even the Spurs would be fun at least.

10. awc713

awc713 Member

[​IMG]

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

What team would be zany enough to offer him a max?

Dwight has to realize that MAYBE he isn't worth it anymore? And to win a championship, he's going to need to take a paycut.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dear underrated, i like how you want one of the most overrated guys in the league (Anderson) xD

I don't wanna play Anderson in my hypothetic championship caliber starting 5, and i don't wanna throw (away) 15 if not 20 milions for him either. He's just a fat chucker that doesn't play denfense. Let the Suns overpay for him...

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i think right now it's just Fegan trying to get a max from someone but nobody will bite, and that may work on our side for this summer, i think there's a risk of some desperate team end up throwing big money, but i like our chances to resign Dwight at 20x max (maybe even a bit less).

That said, if Ainge finally ends up getting an all star (i say Horford is more probable), than i think we can eventually get some leverage for Dwight, and if we could take something like Smart and expirings/2nd round pick/s or Crowder and a couple of picks (Mavs/Celtics + 2018 Grizzlies), that would be perfect.

14. MistaK

MistaK Member

I thought Dwight didn't want to go to ATL?! - but if in fact he does and if that trade proposal, which included Horford, that's been thrown around here has any legs, PULL THE TRIGGER!

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think Celtics will give Dwight max in the off-season.. they've been having trouble getting stars to play in Boston and they also have a ton of cap space.

16. omgTHEpotential

Center position is hard position to fill. Roy Hibbert makes 16M/year. Brook Lopez makes 20M/year. DeAndre Jordan 20M/year. Marc Gasol 20M/year.

So yeah, multiple teams out there might offer him the max.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Do you think Harden really wants to play with Howard? I don't. I know that neither Harden or Howard have said they don't want to play together. But, let's face it, their partnership has not been as fruitful as they would like. I think Harden is ready to move on from Howard, and I think Howard is ready to move on also.

If Harden doesn't want Howard to return, then Howard is gone.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't know what to make of Broussard. Sure, he speaks some truth; but I think he kinda fills in the blanks with his own conjecture.

If only Atlanta wanted Dwight. Horford would be an excellent "get".

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lawson isn't in the same realm with Rubio when it comes to being a true PG and floor general. If we get Rubio it won't take long for harden to realize what a true PG and floor general Rubio is. Harden will have a blast playing alongside Rubio.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Horford would be absolutely perfect. I love Horford, he's one of the most underrated players in the league, he does (well) everything, smart player...yeah, i definitely like him here. Plus, if i remember well, his cap hold will be around 18, so lower than any presumable salary that Dwight is goin to sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.