1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's a damn shame you have the younger generation take a more mature/important approach compared to guys like rondo/troy daniels etc

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

he already showed those on his social media. stacks of them

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

The bff’s are back!

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

continued

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think the main complaint is that it is unfair to hold this sort of environment damn well knowing that Florida resources are being strained, while basketball players will be tested constantly with results being turned around quickly. I believe it's a fair concern/disagreement to have regardless of the plan being blessed by Fauci.

Additionally you have workers that will be allowed in and out of this bubble, yet if they test positive they can easily spread to other employees. That's also another legitimate concern.

Ultimately, this is about money, not just doing something for the fans. Personally I understand that. I also support the plan they put together, but let's be real, there is some unfairness to this when testing and resources are needed elsewhere right now.

I get it though, it's about money. It's about weighing the risk. If US didn't have the case load they have now, I think most would agree with this plan moving forward. However, the US is technically not doing well (regions) and I can sympathize and understand the frustrations that some may have.

malakas likes this.
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think all of that is completely fair. It's complicated. I don't blame anyone that has mixed feelings about it.

All I was pushing back on is the angle of what will happen. As far as what should happen, that's a different discussion, and I respect the other views because this is a horrible situation for everyone.

D-rock and ElPigto like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. malakas

malakas Member

Excuse me ..how is the current plan designed to protect the hundreds of Disney workers who will be coming out of the bubble untested daily to serve the players needs?

Full knowledge of the situation? You mean to say the NBA knew that Florida would have their healthcare system on the brink of collapse?

Nope. When they chose it back then they thought it was a relatively safe location.

The NBA will not even have the chance to have this started.
    This is my opinion and if anything it has been reinforced with the latest developments.

By the end of July the conditions will be too dire both for health reasons and for PR reasons.
    It doesnt matter how much money they have invested.
    When a hurricane comes and takes off the roof of your house you dont negotiate with it, because it is too expensive.

11. The Cat

The NBA knew the current situation before 22 teams traveled there in the last three days, yes, which was an enormous expense. As is every day they're staying there. The same goes for MLS, which has been there for nearly two weeks and began play three days ago. And the WNBA, whose season will begin later this month at their own Florida bubble. Teams entered this week.

You might be right, I can't 100% tell you that you're wrong. And yes, your opinion is extremely clear. But the actions of both leagues this week clearly indicate that they don't agree with you at this point in time. We'll see what happens. Not sure what else there is to do other than agree to disagree, and we'll see what they do in the next few days.

#1531 The Cat, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    ElPigto, malakas and D-rock like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How come there are never any fun videos of Rockets from the bubble. there is always so much damn content from other teams on the timeline, but very rare to see some Rockets stuff.

#1532 DreamShook, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Can you at a minimum concede that your relentlessly glass half full posts from may on this were rather.... misplaced?

The NBA is hell-bent on doing it's thing in the middle of a Coronavirus hellscape ground zero. It is what it is. It's Till-mans highly leveraged money at the end if the day

I do blame the NBA for helping cheerlead on the ****ing catastrophe that happened in May when Trumpy Sunbelt governors and people decided "meh the worst is behind us, let's reopen because hot weather and stuff"

That was obviously wrong. And, oops, we're nationally ****ed because of it.

The NBA bears some proportion of blame for helping speed this shitstorm along. And as the bodies pile up in Florida over the next month, the optics are bad and for ****s sake, bodies piling up. I'm way too disgusted to even bother.

malakas likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Pj and bmac have been fairly active on social media since arriving yesterday. I’ve Posted pretty much everything theyve done on their stories. Bmac even went live this morning. And they don’t actually have their first practice til tomorrow

DreamShook likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because they're in a 3 star hotel in the middle of a goddamed pandemic. It's not fun.

16. The Cat

Because they're in quarantine until tomorrow, you have to test negative on the two days after your arrival before you're a regular "guest." Until then, they're stuck in their hotel rooms.

The teams you're seeing today are the ones that got there either Tuesday or Wednesday. You'll see the Rockets out and about starting tomorrow evening.

Deuce, malakas, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

DreamShook likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everybody seems to be having a little fun considering.

This looks fun

YOLO likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

20. D-rock

D-rock Member