1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It is the NBA's fault choosing a failstate run by Trumpist morons for their restart, that's for sure.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Please point this group of locations. I know someone that couldn't get in anywhere recently, would love to have some places to suggest.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

A bunch of CVS's all across houston are doing testing. Walgreens is starting. Delmar Stadium and Butler stadium offer free drive-thru testing. Also various family dr's in clinics have been doing a lot of testing. much easier to get tested these days.

4. stilldr34amin'

Semi-true. Wife and I both work shifts in covid units in the med center at two different major hospitals. We've been attempting to stagger our shifts, so that one of us can return home to take care of the kids while the other works, after being tested to ensure minimal exposure to our family.

Our hospitals have made us jump through hoops to be tested through them, as they have been actively suppressing/limiting testing, so they can continue to allow elective procedures (they are a business, after all). Wife and I have two sites near us that we go to instead of going through our hospitals for testing. We usually have to schedule our testing in advance and we go right after our shifts, early in the morning and we do have wait times - we don't receive any priority in scheduling.

It does bother myself and other hcps, thinking that NBA players will have frequent and easy access to testing, but I suppose capitalism and corporate greed within the healthcare system are more to blame than the NBA...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah some testing sites are much more busier than others but the process is fairly easy. Find a location and sign up online. Most are done in your car. There’s even people that are doing home visits for testing. Like with anything else money talks and the people you know doesn’t hurt. NBA players or any pro athlete for that matter Have always looked for the best ways to take care of them.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You and your wife are the true heroes. Thank you both and your families for your effort.

Jeff_TW, jch1911, daywalker02 and 3 others like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

With no crowds plenty of players will have their confidence up like this

BigShasta likes this.
  8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

At a time when the consensus views were that the NBA didn't have much of a chance to resume, Cyber told you all the exact plan that's going to happen, almost verbatim. And now you're somehow going to try and dunk on him for the time element, which was/is an obvious moving target and not at all the main point?

Man, no wonder insiders don't think it's worth it to post things.

Jeff_TW, jch1911, malakas and 3 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

tbf, I don’t think there were many places where they could implement a bubble consisting of 22 teams as effectively...the hotels, courts, gyms, etc all in 1 centralized, convenient location

I have yet to hear of a better location than Disney infrastructure-wise

The financial and possible CBA implications of not restarting the season are huge. I understand your preference of the NBA not restarting, but they are, so do u have any other locations in mind where they could create a similar bubble environment that could be just as effective or even more effective than Disney? I’m interested to see if u have any that I just haven’t thought of.

jch1911, robbie380 and D-rock like this.
  10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

perhaps 3 cruise ships??

11. SamFisher

Hawaii

Vancouver

New Zealand

Tokyo

Taiwan

Etc

The idea that Florida has a monopoly on hotel rooms is crazy

Honestly any major city could probably pull this off.

Failure of imagination leads the NBA to put their bubble in the worst place in the world.

And, lol

#1051 SamFisher, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Great idea! Then we can have a "home ship advantage" thing.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's as though he's been practicing in a gym with his teammates for months.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its not Cyber I am aiming at. I agree completely he merely reports what he is told. My response was to all these overly optimistic plans for resuming play, not just NBA, but other sports as well. Not one major sport has resumed play and yet, several weeks ago, media reports would have had you thinking by this time, the sports world would be up and running.

Dunking on Cyber? Really? You think responses are aimed at the poster and not the content? Your right. No wonder many dont think its worth posting things when some try to make responses personal.

#1054 jim1961, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    SamFisher likes this.
  15. SamFisher

This is explosive growth of new cases

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My mistake, I shouldn't have assumed intent.

Anyway, you must follow very different sources than I do. Several weeks ago, the consensus media members that I follow would have had you thinking there was almost no chance of anything in 2020. If you had told me in early May that this is where we'd be on June 20, in terms of sports, I would have gladly taken it.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

With the way Florida is going, when the season restarta its only a matter of time before it stops again.
    I dont think they will even make it past the first round of the playoffs.
    Its one thing to have a bubble site in a relatively safe place and another in what is bound to become a major epicentre with the virus running rampant and nobody else taking it seriously.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you are going to have a bubble, does it really matter where you put the bubble? The whole idea of a bubble is to isolate what's in it from the outside world. So it doesn't matter what the outside world holds, right?

The only concern is if you assume that the bubble is not really a bubble, that people can still go in and out. That is something they have to consider. Are they so confident that they can lock up a few hundred young guys in a non-prison set up?

Jeff_TW likes this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from DD's to A cups