1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then they would say no paper money.
    Swipe the card.

[​IMG]

#741 daywalker02, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Easy likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

#742 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

influenza season is probably 5-6 months of the year, but point taken

nevertheless, we're talking about .01% of the population there having died due to this virus, plus another minute percentage with possible serious complications. taking into account the vast majority of these already having existing pre-conditions, healthy nba players would appear to be at negligible risk

YOLO likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5:57-7:24

D-rock, T FOR 3!!! and pippendagimp like this.
  5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This is my first post in the thread.

Just found out we jump right in with the Lakers.

My body is ready

D-rock likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding? I haven't seen the schedule. Let's get down and get nasty! The '85-'86 Western Conference Finals all over again. Upset City!

7. across110thstreet

Schedule isn’t out but teams will pick up where they left off to get to 71-75 total games played for all teams, minus the matchups vs eliminated scrub teams. Some sort of seeding system outside of the play-in tourney will be in place for these last 8 “seeding” games as they are calling them.

Let’s hope we kick it off right, maybe this game being the first game televised for the return....

https://www.thedreamshake.com/2020/6/5/21281025/a-look-at-the-houston-rockets-remaining-schedule

For Houston, those eight opponents and their regular-season records against them are:
    Los Angeles Lakers (1-1)
    Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)
    Sacramento Kings (1-1)
    Dallas Mavericks (1-1)
    Milwaukee Bucks (0-1)
    Indiana Pacers (1-0)
    Philadelphia 76ers (1-0)
    Toronto Raptors (1-0)

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Could easily have been worse.
    Lakers and Bucks will be tough, but winnable.
    Blazers, Mavs, and Raptors seem to always give Rockets trouble, but normally more so the road. Not sure if neutral site would have same effect.
    Kings, Pacers, and 76ers would be potential trap games.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Our highest likelihood of infection is against the Lakers. So that does give us two weeks quarantine before the playoffs start. It's favorable to take on LA early.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

As tragic as Kobe's death was, I don't want the NBA, their refs, the NBA media to drive the narrative of 'win one for Kobe', to put the Lakers over via tic tac calls.

Let everyone play the games fairly please. Don't pull that Lakers v. Kings, or Spurs v. Suns playoff b.s. from back in the day.

BigShasta, Deckard, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Corona has taken over from the KB tragedy, it's become sort of an afterthought for the head honchos responsible, obviously still in the heads of players.

12. macan

macan Member

so there's no home court advantage for this playoffs since we all at the same place.
    we should focus on which match up we wanna meet in the playoffs instead of trying to get a higher seed.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just the flu, just 100,000 dead, negligible risk - look out folks, doc @pippendagimp is dispensing his curative tonics again.

Well, if I'm not mistaken, Florida has been busted for not counting non- Floridians who test positive or die in Florida. So basically the whole NBA save the Heat maybe could get sick and they wouldn't really count.

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, literally zero incentive to go all out in these games except for getting the right match-up and avoid 4-5 and 8th.

15. across110thstreet

Hong Kong, David Stern, Kobe Bryant, Coronavirus, Jerry Sloan, George Floyd

Quite the year for the league

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

my post cited data w/ accompanying link from the cdc. your post as usual, has the same hysterically-triggered drivel. oh and btw i do have a degree w/ accompanying published studies in protein chemistry -- more relevant to the discussion than your paralegal accreditation :D

YOLO and hakeem94 like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Manager to customer service desk.

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

i dont see how you can really manipulate the standings with only 8 games and teams so bunched up. i disagree there is no reason to go hard. for one thing its dumb to try and flip a switch. we dont have the talent level to do something like that. we need to go in as hot as possible. this is a sprint to the finish line now. its going to be tough no matter what but these conditions make everything a toss up. idk if there is a good or bad matchup right now. neutral site, no fans, long layoff. who knows how each individual team is going to handle this. i dont really care who we play at this point....in fact it may even be better to get one of the elite teams early because of all this.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How many times do I need to make it clear that I was only challenging that one point? Carry on....