1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight to Warriors Likely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

People hate on Bogut, say he's dirty and now want him? Say goodbye to your precious dream of getting him and or Iggy.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I personally think Iggy is a 100% keepper for them, Bogut would likely be the odd man out.

They would sign and trade with us because they need Howard, I'm sure they would like to operate above the cap and use their bird rights to re-sign some players like Speights, Barbosa and perhaps Ezeli.

This is how I see it

Curry/Thompson/Green/Iggy/Livingston(the obvious keepers) = 61 million

Let's say Howard gets at least 20 million.

Then there at 81 million, add Roster cap holds, and Thompson's cap hold, that pushes them to 85 million.

Boguts contract is 11 million, Ezeli's cap hold is 9.7 million, Barnes 5.1 million.

Plus they have Looney, a first round pick this year, which I imagine they want to keep, and to a lesser extent they have Speights bird rights.

So they would have to trade Bogut for no salary in return, and waive Ezeli and Speights rights to sign Howard our right.

Or they could just sign and trade us one of Bogut or Ezeli for Howard, and keep there by keeping one of them, and Speights, and their MLE.

I could see it either way but I think a S&T is a legitimate option, probably the preferred one for them if they want to keep one of Bogut or Ezeli, Speights and a MLE.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Dwert should go to the Lakers and finally be the Man.

5. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

The Warriors getting Dwight would be the best case scenario for us. It would slow them down a step or two.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Dwight
    Aldridge
    Leonard
    Green
    Parker........
    Duncun off the bench... Nice

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight on the Warriors would be deadly, imagine if he got away with fouling people.....he'd make one hell of an O lineman for Curry. The question is if the NBA is done with carrying the Warriors or not. If the NBA doesn't allow them to do whatever they want on the court, then they are done.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't believe it. Someone is feeding cyber bs to irritate the Rockets. There is too high an incidence of cyber news being annoying to the organization.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope so, the chemistry issues would invade their clubhouse.

Cancerous Howard would ruin their team.

DD

1 person likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but doesn't matter, really, we're getting Durant and Horford so i'm fine with the Warriors gettin Dwight :grin:

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Perhaps Murray is leaking that the Warriors are interested in him to convince Dwight to opt out. :cool:

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well they better sign Durant BEFORE they sign Howard because Durant hates his guts I hear.

13. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

It's like leaving Liverpool to join Chelsea, piss off Dwight.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Don't be surprised if Dwight moves better next year. How much better i don't know...but he's working with the top guy at NASM, which can only be an improvement from the previous trainers he was working with most of the time.

For that reason, I wouldn't want him to go to GS...I think under Fegan, he would have chased money..but with his new agent? Who knows..he could take the pay cut to rebuild his image some. He didn't switch agents to be same'ol dwight, so i'd wait it out and see how he returns next year, instead of assuming he'll play and act the same..

#114 RV6, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  15. rockets13champs

IVE BEEN TELLING MY FRIEND THIS SINCE MAY!!!

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Will believe it when i see it

17. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

How is news of Dwight going to GSW irritating to the Rockets?

He's a walking turnover machine in the post and b****es when asked to run the PnR (which he does a half-assed job of setting picks). There's also the part of him essentially quitting on his team due to lack of involvement (i.e. post touches), which created a cancerous rift in the locker room.

He would be the perfect Trojan horse gift to Golden State.

Bye Ayesha!

18. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

That would be fantastic. Their offense will go to crap and the media will hate them because of Howard. Please let this happen

19. rockets13champs

Kerr wont let dwight post up at all. The warriors worst part of their team was post up play for sure tho

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

SnT or straight up sogning? If former, Barnes perhaps?

Bogut does what he does for the Dubs better IMO.

Thanks, Cy...Hugo Green.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.