1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight to Warriors Likely

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 21, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Would make Dwight look like a ring chaser but at this point in his career, it would keep him relevant as opposed to being a #1 option on an average team.

2. alethios

alethios Member

Careful, in Texas you might get heat for accepting a fetus.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I believe this. Remember Dwight & Warriors were interested in each other before Howard chose Houston. If the Warriors are ready to move on from Bogut/Ezili etc, sure this could happen.

4. craguin

craguin Member

[The Vertical - Bobby Marks] Summer agenda: Golden State Warriors

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I believe the **** out of that because #1 Cyberx bomb, and #2 the Dubs were in hot pursuit of Dwight that off season we got him.

6. makman

makman Member

I agree, but surely he's just trying to join the bandwagon and get a ring. In his mind, he probably thinks his addition will make a big 4. I'd love to see it though, wouldn't take long before he comes out complaining from lack of touches and calls out Curry, Thompson, and Green for not being on the same page.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight could be good for GSW. If he buys in he would be great for them. Dwight is a big ass b**** too so he won't be asking for the ball in the post because Green will tell him to STFU.

PLUS GSW know how to pass into the post and understand positioning. Dwight never needed post moves just guards and forwards who know how to feed him the ball when he has position in the post.

Dwight will feast.

Dwight will be an allstar if he goes to GSW.

With all that said, hopefully his pissy, passive-aggressive, b****-ass personality will erode GSW's chemistry.

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Harrison Barnes is trash.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

hahaha! Dwight is definitely not going to get those post touches he pouted about this year.

10. alethios

alethios Member

I wouldn't say he's trash, but he may not be worth max money either. Won't stop some team from giving it to him. Hope it's not us.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This would be pretty stupid on the Warriors' part.

ETA: On second thought, Dwight's desire for a ring might override his desire for post-up opportunities at this stage of his career. Maybe he would sacrifice for them.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agree. I really don't see the point of signing Dwight having Bogut at 10x with the risk of ****ing up the lockeroom...interesting though, they're probably looking at all the possibilities.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

much like shaq to the suns except on a magnified level - that would be turrible for GS.

I like it.

14. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

If he isn't worried about his touches it makes sense. GS took a huge hit defensively when Bogut went down and when locked in Dwight is better on that end. Hopefully this disrupts them and would take them out of Durant sweeps.

15. wowimmagical

wowimmagical Member

he's not going to have a bunch of bricklayers around him either

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

pretty sure that was driven by Mark Jackson and the belief DH had more in the tank than he currently does.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If Dwight was Deandre Jordan then this could work, but he is Dwight Howard.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The media wouldn't know what to do, hate on Dwight at the Warriors' expense or love on Dwight because he'd be a Warrior. Conundrum.

1 person likes this.
  19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

If Howard goes to the Warriors, I GUARANTEEEEE YOU Silver will make sure there are new rules against Hack-A-Howard next season.

Adam Silver on Hack-A rule changing when Dwight Howard on Rockets:
    "My inclination is not to change it, but we'll continue to watch it."
    "It's bad, I get it, from an aesthetic standpoint, from an entertainment standpoint, for fans," Silver said. "On the other hand, I hear from literally thousands of coaches -- not just from the United States but from around the world -- saying, 'You cannot change this rule. What lesson does that send? The kids who are learning the game, this is a fundamental part of the game: A guy's got to be able to make free throws.'

Adam Silver on Hack-A rule changing when Dwight Howard on Warriors:

"I'm increasingly of the view that we will be looking to make some sort of change in that rule this summer,"
    at the end of the day, we are an entertainment property,

"Not only is that something that is bad for our network partners, but for all of the fan research we have shows that the fans hate it​

Granted he's already started to do a 180 on Hack-a, but when his Warrior darlings have Howard, he will definitely make sure it gets done.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Seeing is believing.

#60 J.R., Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.