1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight isn't "thrilled" with PG situation.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 8, 2013.

1. afk

afk Member

Oh man, I am gonna have a field day if that correlation ends up being true. :grin:

2. JurisDoctorate

Its only five games in... if this is true I'm seriously disappoint son (with Dwight).

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

So he made some then right? So that option was missed in the original argument...

4. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

So, Lin should pass the ball to Harden more quickly after passing half-court?

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Seriously? On a night where Harden's iso ball helped cost us the game?

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

We have a paraphrasing from a source that talked about something Dwight said. Even if the source has a good enough of it correct, we do not know what was actually said, what its context was, and what else was said with it.

In other words. Stop jumping the gun.

1 person likes this.
  7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Considering we had Chris paul all signed up until they signed doc at the 11th hour, I think he thinks or is frustrated the one that got away.

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

I agree there are times that Lin does hold the ball to long but Harden does that the most particularly in the 4th quarter and down the stretch.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Just pass it to Will

10. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Lin barely played with Dwight in training camp, how in the world would they be in sync? isn't it always

Bev-Harden-Parsons-Omri-Dwight in practice?

11. Reach

Reach Member

Was Lin being chewed out more than the other players?

I guess the LOF's might've been right. Lin really is the scapegoat on this team.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Don't blame him. None of our perimeter players are remotely looking to get him the ball. And we suck at throwing lobs. There was plenty of instances where we could have easily lobbed it up and we just looked the other way.

Dwight needs to get mean on the court and demand the ball. I agree with everything the TNT crew said after the game.

13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

1. The PGs are literally the least of the team's problems.

2. He didn't get along with Steve freakin' Nash and refused to run the PnR with him.

If a HOF PG and one of the, if not the greatest shooter of all time isnt good enough for him, who is? [​IMG]
    And it's gotta be a PG that's also willing to let Harden have the ball an awful lot.

14. Reach

Reach Member

Given Dwight's previous behavior though, I have a hard time disbelieving it.

15. coffeelover665

Oh well it's a superstar league. Bye Lin. Maybe Nash will come over.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL… you are very right.

To be honest though…. is anyone really "Thrilled"…..??? The Rockets really don't have a stable hand at all in their lineup. They have to let Harden go ISO cause that's all they got really. They can't even run an inbound play at times, and having the most turnovers in the league says it all. This team needs a steady hand badly or they will have a lot of trouble this year.

17. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Who is thrilled? 2 PGs fighting for the starting job, and none of them has the ball.

18. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Here's why I don't think this guy is credible. What organization would ever be caught ever in public berating a single player in front of everybody. From the OP words "screaming and yelling" from basically everybody in front of news crews and fans alike. That simply isn't good business and rather juvenile. The Rockets are a professional sports organizations and they wouldn't do stupid stunts like this.

19. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Not sure if srs. This happens in sports all the time.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Honestly it did seemed like it. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to McHale himself and asked to come off the bench because he is a player that needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

And I mean Harden was straight in his face yelling at him. I felt real bad for the guy. Then he walked over to the bench and McHale jumps on him too.