1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight isn't "thrilled" with PG situation.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 8, 2013.

1. yummyhawtsauce

Amare, Joe Johnson also are superstar players too by this logic.

2. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Someone being right or wrong about something has absolutely nothing to do with their join date.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't be naive, it hints at an incredible unhealthy bias and obsession.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Lin is not overpaid.

5. yummyhawtsauce

With whom? Harden?

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

Why don't you answer my question? So easy for you to put a number out for Lin but not Bev and AB?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he's neither overpaid or underpaid, probably overpaid last year but not this year

8. SK34

SK34 Member

4 mil/year for Bev, 2 year for Brooks.

But Lin is a 5-6 mil/year player not 8 mil/year or 4 mil/year.

Why 4 mil? Because Chalmers makes that much and he is better than bev and lin.

9. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Im trying to understand why this team needs a true pass first PG when Harden demands ball in his hand... This team needs spot up shooter and good defender (Derrick Fisher type).

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

True, but in an NBA flush with quality PGs and PFs, it's not easy to unload him if needed.

His salary is probably middle of the road as starting point guards go, and if we made a list, I would guess we would rank him as an average PG.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, he is paid an average of 8.3m - and well worth that average.

DD

12. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Interesting how you have to resort to this when you have no clue on what you're talking about. Almost as bad as calling someone black when there's no evidence pointing to a crime.

13. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

People who attack others personally in this way rather than focus on the merits/demerits of their arguement are usually cowards. There is also not much point in trying to engage reasonably with them.

14. Milos

Milos Member

The purpose is not really for Harden.
    The only real benefit to him offensively is that he can focus on being a scorer and conserve energy by not needing to worry about Dwight (and others) their shots.
    The real benefit for James is on defense.
    We have seen that when Harden is tired (mainly from carrying too much of a load on offense) and his defense lags, the entire team suffers.
    By conserving more energy on the other end, Harden's spells of indifferent defense should become less and less frequent.

The main benefit for the team is the increased efficiency of Dwight Howard in the post.
    Forget for a minute the obvious problem this team has of being completely incapable of throwing a decent lob pass (a point McHale has already made).
    It is often painful for me to watch the Rockets inability to deliver a quality entry pass into Dwight when he posts up.
    Sometimes the timing is too late, letting the defense collapse on Dwight, or causing him to vacate the paint altogether to avoid a 3-second call.
    Sometimes the position of the pass if off, causing Dwight to lose the good position he has established to chase down the pass.

We know Dwight is not a guy you can just hand the ball to in the post and get out of the way while he goes to work.
    Unless his positioning is pretty close to perfect, the most likely results of a Dwight touch in the paint is a turnover or a bad shot.

As such, he really needs a guy on the court with him who excels at getting the ball to Dwight in the spots where he becomes most efficient as a scorer.

Harden is the best we have right now, and Parsons is ok, but neither is even above-average at this.
    Someone like Deron, who has been successfully feeding the post for years, gets the most out of Dwight ... that is the value of adding this type of player to this team.

15. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't think getting better entry pass is the problem. Dwight (currently) is just not good at post, he turns the ball over way to much on his own and we rarely turns the ball over on entry pass. As far as Harden, there is no excuse for him not to play d as it has been proven that other players can step up and carry the offense load. His minutes need to be reduced so he could conserve more. The Rockets' needed him to pad his stats last year since it was his first year with his team but this year is different. He doesn't need to pad those stats anymore. We need him to play less minutes so we could push further later on in the season

16. yummyhawtsauce

I agree with this. Dwight sucks in the post. Guy over dribbles and turns the ball over when the double comes and does not pass out on time. I prefer him to run PNR to his play to his strengths but he wants to continue to play in the post. I forgot what his FG was in the post, but I remember it was not very good. I like Dwight overall though, he is fitting nicely with the team. Just that he has a few flaws that could make him even better.

17. Play07

Play07 Member

maybe morey can help you understand why he was trying to get CP3 this summer to just play D and spot up shoot, maybe morey knows something you dont idk.

I would say a PG that can do these things will be beneficial to this team making a run in the playoffs.

-run a fast break
    -get harden, howard, parsons, jones easier looks
    -Shoot the mid-range or 3 at 35%
    -Play decent D

I dont see a reason to limit a position because of another players abilites. Players have off nights can be 2 in a row maybe even 3. Its easier for a coaching staff to come up with a plan to stop one player vs two or 3 in a 7 game series.

18. Remii

Remii Member

I hear what you're saying _ BUT Morey is the GM of the Rockets and he pulls point guards out of thin air... People around here are sleeping on Canaan. The kid shoots lights out from distance and can get to the rim and finish at will... He's short but he's built like Lowry and he has a 40 inch vertical which makes up for his height. He is a scoring point guard but he can also dish out assist. I believe he's leading the D-League with 9.9 assist a game.

I think this is the guy Morey is waiting on because he is a point guard who is very comfortable playing off the ball. Unlike Rondo...

19. Remii

Remii Member

CP3 is a different animal. He would fit perfectly with Harden because he can play on and off the ball and would be a very good mentor for Harden in the backcourt.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

I know remi I was being sarcastic lol, was trying to explain how morey is not buying into we just need a spot up shooter at PG at PG argument. If he could upgrade to someone who could do that and more he would do it.