1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight doesn't see himself as a Rocket next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 21, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. I'm okay with handing the keys to Capela and a cheap-ish free agent backup.

2. malakas

malakas Member

No I dont' think that. So you will be happy with Noah?
    30 year old Noah who is always injured now, doesn't have any offensive skills and is flat out ignored by the defence in the playoffs.
    Or Maybe Al Jef? The other gem of this class.
    Or Hibbert? Who can't move his feet?

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Durant please

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's because there's not a whole lot to showcase. Sorry Dwight but you are TRASH on offense.

No worries though, we're ready for you to go, too.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

The question is then why did Morey not try to get any value for him before the deadline? This isn't the NFL. We don't get draft pick compensation if he leaves.

We're most likely going to lose him for nothing, just like we did for Parsons.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Montrezl and Capela at Center. :cool:

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Beasley in...
    Dwight Howard out...

I only wish we could get Donuts and Clint more minutes at C. I wish Dwight had already been traded away. He is wasting our time and has most obviously checked out this season.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. ;)

9. Texas321

Texas321 Member

Where skull think he ends up?

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe after Morey couldn't get much value from trading him, he decided to just take the cap space and get ready for the Durant sweepstakes.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude, you have a pretty short memory. Might want to check that out. :p

It was a 3000+ response thread

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=272495

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vertical Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard. <a href="https://t.co/Bwp1MKTNq7">https://t.co/Bwp1MKTNq7</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/697862929505525760">February 11, 2016</a></blockquote><br />
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

If the center is someone like Cousins, yeah you go for it.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets lose Howard and can't get Horford to take his place, then yeah, what is left is the likes of Noah and Nene. Every option will have its own strengths and weaknesses.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree and if Morey can do better then that's good too. But the league is going in a different direction, I think that's why they're so Anti-Dwight. He represents the opposite of where they want to be. They want fast paced good shooting offense for the fans to get excited. Dwight can't shoot and wants to slow the game down he just doesn't fit the league anymore. Maybe if he was willing to pick and roll more often he would be a more exciting player but he just doesn't want that. He wants to be Hakeem and Shaq and he just doesn't have that talent. When a player who is bad at posting up hangs his head and doesn't want to play defense because he's not getting touches it's time for him to go, at that point he's just a cancer. A 23 million dollar cancer.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Would you RoLo an SnT with the Knixies? I would.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yes, I know he put Dwight on the market. My issue is Morey didn't pull the trigger probably because he wasn't offered much. What he failed to realize is even a 20 cents on a dollar trade is still better than zero. Not to mention that trading Dwight would've been addition by subtraction.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because Dwight "leaving for nothing" still nets you $22 million off the books.

Obviously Morey tried to move Dwight before the deadline, but the facts are that teams wouldn't give up any long-term value (i.e. a cheap prospect or 1st round pick) for a player who could leave in two months.

If that's the case, the value Dwight has as a huge expiring contract is >>> Morey's other potential returns.

1 person likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's sad and although he has been our best playoff performer these last few years the chemistry is just not there. No point in continuing to force something that just isn't going to work. I can't stand his inefficient post ups or bad free throw shooting so I can live with him taking off, although I am bummed about it.

I love Harden so thankfully we still get him for two more years at least. Hopefully Morey stops dicking around and hires a real coach this summer.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If you can get Cousins great (Cousins can shoot and is more talented than Dwight) but with Harden and Beasley you would be better off just getting a solid defender who can rebound, run the floor, has quickness and can set a pick. Otherwise your money is better spent getting above average shooters and trying to get an all star point guard or small forward. You don't need an All Star center but if you can get a Power Forward like LA who can shoot and defend decently thats good too.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Good, cause I don't either!!!