1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight doesn't see himself as a Rocket next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You're agreeing in a round about way. Look at all the new 5s coming into the league, they all have some range past the paint. Dwight is at a disadvantage when you have a 5 that can shoot. He has to not only contest but also dive back for the board.
    Offensively we all know Dwight wants strong side post ups but 1) getting post position is s challenge for Dwight 2)he's not good at reading double teams 3)unless the pass is perfect he won't catch it and 4) the defense always has an out by just fouling him.

Dwight has to accept his limitation and play to his strengths. PnR and the ultimate garbage man, sadly he thinks he can carry an offense in the post.

2. alethios

alethios Member

Because Harden runs the offense, a la point guard. He's less effective playing like JJ Redick.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

And that's the reality of The game now.

Even if we had Hakeem or Shaq or even Yao who are all elite post options and with excellent passing it would still be less efficient to post them up all game long instead of running the offense with Harden lebron curry whoever at the helm.

Now don't get me wrong you team those guys especailly Hakeem who would be perfect big in today's nba I might add with a superstar wing and then yes you prob have the best team in the league.

Dwight is not effecient in the post can't shoot outside of 3 ft. Struggles to get put backs after securing the offensive rebound and is a terrible passer out the double team.

Dwight needs to looks at what deandre Jordan does and do just that rebound run hard and defend the paint. All the energy he used trying to get post position is taking away from the rest of his game. It's tiring trying fighting for position in the post and dwight isn't a spring chicken and has a bad back and knees.

There's really just no need for it.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I love having playoff Dwight, but let's be honest: when was the last time you can remember a team winning a championship that was awful at shooting FT's? It just doesn't happen. This flaw in Dwight's game always seems to become infectious on every team he's a member of, and at this point it is now a fatal flaw that we cannot win through. Even Capela will shoot better FT's once Dwight leaves. I don't know why, but he will I guarantee it.

It's disappointing, the Rockets always seem to be on the wrong end of the direction the NBA wants to head in. Dwight getting phased out for a bunch of shooting bigs, and Harden losing the MVP to a much more marketable, suburban-friendly superstar. This year has made every gripe we held against the NBA front office a moot point. My regard for the NBA on whole has certainly diminished, and I can't see it recovering much unless we make it to the finals at some point in my lifetime. :(

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

People who are expecting the "playoff" Dwigt are going to be extremely let down when that doesn't happen.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Bye Dwight!

7. Mr Chuck Norris

There scoring all on dwight! Does anyone else not see this?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The sooner he leaves the better we will be....can't be soon enough, JBB should shut him down for the year with some fake injury - he is coasting anyway and the only way JBB saves his job is a playoff run.

DD

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He sucks. You just need to pay attention to how he plays defense now. He only goes for a blocked shot instead of playing solid defense. 75% of defense isn't about blocking shots, it's about forcing the offensive player into a difficult shot.

10. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]