1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dmo to sign with Jazz if Favors misses extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 28, 2016.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

this dude will not produce...that's one thing i can guarantee..especially he decides to join late in the season..

i'm praying the rockets don't match

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

My guess is that the Jazz offer would be very simular to what the Rockets were offering. Maybe offering a little more for this year, but no guarantee beyond this season.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Just throwing this out there, but why wouldn't the Jazz offer all $14 million of their cap space (or close to it)? If they offer close to what we supposedly offered then we'll match. So I'd think they'd offer a 1 year $14 million deal and make Les bleed luxury tax should he match.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

But can they offer a 1 year deal? I'm not sure about that...

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know for sure but I think they can. Why couldn't an RFA sign a 1 year offer sheet? I'm trying to think of it from labor's perspective and I don't know why they'd prohibit that option.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

An offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years).

Hypothetically, an offer sheet could maybe have a partially- or non-guaranteed second year, though.

Haymitch likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Refuses to join Rockets in camp...... signs with the Jazz?

That would be quite the fall from grace for one of my favorite Rockets.

I'm not even mad, just disgusted.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I ain't sorry. No, no.....Hell naw!!

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

My sauces told me DMo and Parsons are very close to this day and Parsons has advised DMo and sold him on the benefits of getting paid big and then chilling on the bench with an injury. Basically getting paid to do nothing.

DMo knows his back will not hold up and is going the Parsons route to secure one big contract so he can chill thereafter.

da_juice, BigShasta and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

So (thanks @BimaThug ) basically a 14 + 14 (this one non guaranteed)...interesting, i think D.Mo would sign this cause that's a good situation for him, good money, starting spot. I wonder if Morey would match this...i'd say yes but with this contract i think D.Mo will be gone anyway next summer unless he'll play out of his mind...it would be interesting to know one thing though, what will eventually be the deadline to make the second year guaranteed if D.Mo sign in December? Paging @BimaThug

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well that's what I get for assuming, although that still seems odd to me.

12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Sad Sad, but at this moment, I prefer the Rockets to look for some kind of return on this investment. DMo was my favorite player other than Harden. Not anymore.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL @ all the.......

[​IMG]

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, I agree they could go up to $14 million. But, the main thing is that they probably won't be offering up any gauranteed money beyond this year, just like the Rockets offer.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yayyy another Dmo thread

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Cool, go for it dude.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The butt hurt is strong in this thread. This is all business negotiations, you can't blame Morey for low balling, and you can't blame DMo for holding out for his value.

Not sure why folks get all up in arms over both parties doing their job well.

DD

malakas likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Just let him go. It's one thing to keep the rights of a player who don't want to be here; it's another to match any offer for a player that don't want to be here and have him be a lockerroom cancer.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I like DMO but hell to the no for 14 mill....if DMO gets that from the Jazz he'd be stupid not to take it and they'd be the laughing stock of the NBA in my opinion. Maybe this is what it's all about....DMO might be thinking his back might actually have a time limit on it so trying to grab as much as he can "just in case" this year would be it him. Catch 22