1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dmo to sign with Jazz if Favors misses extended time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 28, 2016.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Somebody pls correct if i am wrong. Jazz is using their DPE for Favors, I think that it does not have yo be just signing but uou can actually trade for a player . We might be able to get something out of this

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'd probably match if it's for no more two years, ~12MM per. Anything more in terms of dollars or years and the Jazz can have him.

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BJ is a genius.

4. opticon

opticon Member

Yikes that is quite a bit of cap space. With the cap expected to go up next year they might be able to do make a sizeable offer. When is the last time a some one under the age of 27 willing went to Utah to play Nba basketball.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Yeah, but they want/need to extend Hayward, Hill, and Rodney Hood pretty soon. Favors too, though if the knee injury is serious (and with all the weird nagging ailments he's had the last 2-3 seasons), they may decide to walk away from him if they get D-Mo and he stays healthy. Plus Gobert's deal kicks in soon. So there's a chance they'll be gun-shy about offering Donatas more than a couple years.

We'll see.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Deal 1
    D-Mo: *Signs Contract*
    D-Morey: "Terms have been decided. Market decided the rate of restricted status"
    *Matches Contract*

Deal 2
    D-Mo: *Signs Contract
    D-Morey: "What Hold up - its got a 'Player Option'...? And, a TRADE KICKER?! Hurtin my flexibilities PSSHHht NAH we don't play that sh** HERE

'Yule-C' Ya LATER! Lol"

Zacatecas likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

And then we can match

8. opticon

opticon Member

Don't you mean Yule C :p

dharocks and Snow Villiers like this.
  9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Anything more than 13 per year let him walk

I don't know if D-Mo is eligible for a poison pill type contract

#49 Shroopy2, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Oh God that would be a nightmare.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Utah knows what to do if they actually want to obtain him #ParsonsPoisonPill

If they want to smite their future and maybe give us a chance at Hayward next year, then it could be a good thing. You just have to hope that Utah throws enough money at him.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant.

DD

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

dmo just go.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

They have roughly 14 million in cap space for this year so yeah they can sign him.

However, the Jazz aren't dumb and they know what the Rockets offer was before they pulled it. It was fairly well publicized, and they know D-Mo has no leverage to turn down ANYTHING remotely close to what the Rockets offer was. I think they'd be nuts to offer anything more than 8 mil this year for D-Mo because frankly they don't have to bid against themselves.

But.... Keep in mind its RFA so the Jazz aren't going to present an offer that they think the Rockets will easily match. More than likely though, they know what will push the Rockets to let D-Mo walk will be guaranteed years beyond this year. I think that's where you'll see them get crafty with the contract if they are in fact offering him one.

The big question is, will D-Mo's contract here be enough to keep them out of free agency next Summer, and will the player/s they want to sign be more valuable in the longrun than D-Mo???

There are some interesting names this Summer - Hayward, Igoudala, Gallinari, Noel, and Gay are some names I'll be watching going into this Summer. That 3/4 spot upgrade will be huge if they can get Hayward especially, but will have to dump some more salary to get to where they'd need to be to sign him.

What the Rockets do here with matching D-Mo's offer should tell us pretty much what we need to know about next Summer. I think they match any reasonable 1 year deal. Anything more and I think they struggle to see a bridge too far to cross to get who they want in FA.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm excited to hear this news for one reason and that is because this signifies that Dmo will be closer to being back on the court soon. Whether he stays a Rocket depends on how much the Jazz offer him but I'm glad to see something finally shake off this stupid standoff from BJ Armstrong trying to force the issue when he has absolutely no leverage. He's killing D-mo's career. Let the guy start playing basketball again and prove his worth. It's that simple.

JJWhat? and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So how does DMo signing with the Jazz result in a SnT for Rubio? I'm confused.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Jazz fans are probably heading to this board for the first time and seeing these 50 page threads on DMo. BJ brilliance

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dayl C!

Shroopy2 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pre injury DMo was headed towards getting paid, what...21-22/yr ?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably more like 15.