1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Capela continually gets scored on though

cheke64 and cerophilik like this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Jordan is a +1.5 on Defensive Box +/-, the worst in 5 years, Capela is a +2.5, the best of his career.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

these statements are silly. people want to act like DJ doesnt get scored on. last i checked he wasn't shutting down anyone night in and night out.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not saying I want DJ, but it seemed like whenever Dwight got hacked we would always win. The only times we lost is when McHale panicked after two misses and took him out.

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

@cyberx, the most important question is... do agents/ front office personnel hate austin rivers as much as the players do?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

ESPN reporting on Windhorst's show that CP3 wants to play with DeAndre Jordan, which is odd because DJ almost left the Clippers because of CP3. They've gotten close since then and talk almost every day. (Their reporting, not mine.)

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When there’s smoke there’s ____

8. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I always thought the real friction was between Chris and Blake. Seems like Jordan has learned not to bite the hand that feeds him.

BigMaloe, DonKnock, Rudyc281 and 2 others like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes but listening through the whole show, they also speculated that this is an offseason decision.

DeAndre Jordan has told the Clippers he is not going to opt-in and will become a free agent. They want to trade him. The Rockets would be exploring him as a free agent most likely.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Thats dumb because at the time most houston fans wanted him in dallas because the clippers with him were a threat (we just narrowly beat them) and the mavericks with him were not a threat.

Turned out it didnt matter anyway because we sucked that year but he didnt do houston any favors by staying in LA rather than going to dallas.

Give me Dwight. Do you have any news on dwight cyberex?

11. HTM

HTM Member

What are rambling about?

DJ is saying he felt like a traitor for almost playing for a Dallas franchise when he is Houston through and through..

It literally has nothing to do with the fans.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I too still suffer from Dwight PTSD

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Do you want dwight or not?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

What about a Lebron opt in and trade? DJ, and especially CP3, agreeing to play for just 8 mil isn’t happening.

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Would prefer Capela at this point in both their careers, but if it's not feasible to keep Capela based on what he's demanding Deandre is a great replacement. I think people are underrating him, ignoring how good he has been past couple of years, and basing too much of their opinion on this season. Its a small, not fully healthy sample size, the Clippers are a mess this year, and it is clear Deandre wants out. He also fits Capela's lob-finishing role probably better than anyone in the NBA.

If we can't afford to keep Capela, a healthy, motivated, cheap Deandre would be a perfect replacement.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

tim macmahon mentioned almost the same exact thing. DJ almost left because of cp3, but then the two became real close since then.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People wanting Dwight makes me feel sick and dirty.

bilaal14, BigMaloe, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

If Lebron tells Cleveland he is going to leave for Houston, what can we offer for Lebron to Cleveland to get the deal done? Surely they aren't going to take Anderson + our crappy picks. I imagine it would have to start with Capela.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

How much of DJ’s decline in defensive impact is due to aging or lack of motivation playing for a team that is a 1st round exit at best while no longer wanting to be there?

I think he’d be energized playing for a contender and playing in his home town.

DonKnock and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. HTM

HTM Member

not

bilaal14 likes this.