1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. basketballholic

I do not agree with this statement thay you made.

That is an untrue statement. Paul had already proven he was about winning a title over the money. He left his home towm and played on an expiring deal to win a title. That's a sacrifice.

And like i already stated but you have ignored... if he had come up with an Achilles injury in 17-18 we withhold have NOT have paid him a 4- year max.

So Paul did sacrifice.

On the other hand Harden forced his way out of OKC when they didn't offer him the max. They were on the verge of a time and probably several titles if he had broken out. He couldve signed for probably 90% of the max and have 3-4 rings by now.

Paul is the player that sacrificed by coming here. Any thoughtnidea, or word that he wasn't willing to sacrifice is a lie.

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Westbrook better than PG, Dame and Embiid

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vivi and harold bingo like this.
  4. basketballholic

Hahahahaha

That's foolishness.

harold bingo likes this.
  5. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He's better than Dame

One series doesn't change that

cerophilik likes this.
  6. basketballholic

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not sure how legit and what the source is, and all of these just seem to be so banal and blend without any color you expect from a true insider.

But I will bite on the Westbrook trade. It's plausible that Morey told Chris that they were not going to trade him at the time of the alleged rumor. That was before the week that PG demanded to be traded to LA and Westbrook soon followed. So no one could have foreseen that. Between Chris and Westbrook, I am really ok with the philosophy that we need to tinker instead of staying pat given the window is closing if not completely shut already

Also, before blame Morey and Harden, Chris gotta look at himself. He clearly wasn't the same in this playoffs. Not playing up to even half of his contract in most of those games. The word betray is too strong. There wasnt anything given or promised given the way he was performing. Our distance from Championship was getting longer and longer along every contracted year he had. There is no betrayal. Westbrook on the table. You gotta pull that trigger. Too bad for Chris. I hope understands. We wish him nothing but the best for the remainder of his career.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Easily

9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Has anyone else noticed how many anti CP3 articles and statements from several former players there have been since he was traded? Seems like a lot of people are enjoying the fact that he got exiled to OKC and there aren’t many feeling bad for him...

D-rock likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"Theres always something with you"

Sounds like what one would say to an annoying and nagging spouse

D-rock likes this.
  11. Game7

Game7 Member

While I agree with the first part of this...Harden could’ve stuck around and took less...you can’t just say he has 3-4 rings if he stuck around.
    He broke out the way he did because we cut him loose. He likely never gets that opportunity in OKC, so if he stuck around, he is actually sacrificing his own development and legacy as an individual.
    By forcing his way out, he forged his own path. 2 sides to every coin I suppose.

cerophilik likes this.
  12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i cant believe this f*cking thread at 26 pages now. so much arguing and bias on one dumbass topic lol ****in a cotton

Game7 likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Little unfair to compare Hardens and cp3 sacrifice.

Harden was 22 when traded here, was coming off a finals appearance and was just named 6tg man he still had and has time to get one.

Cp3 came here at 33 and on his last shot.

It’s easier to sacrifice when your prime is over compared to harden who didn’t even know how good he could be.

Plus F OKC why do I care or you for that matter that they could have titles.

I’m glad harden has spent his early part and prime plus more in houston.

He’s the reason why we are even in the discussion as a contender and have a window for the next 2-3 years even if it’s slim.

DavidRocket, D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t think it’s obvious and I don’t think this is what harden meant. Wasn’t it reported that the harden/Westbrook talks about a trade didn’t begin until after the Paul George trade?

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Life in the NBA... New Orleans felt betrayed when he left and so did the Clippers... Sorry bud.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unless he has a De Lorean or a Time machine, he couldn't have known about Paul George leaving so fast.

He couldn't have known about Kawhi recruiting PG13 as well as Kawhi is the most silent guy in NBA history.

He knew probably about Westbrook being sad after teh Blazers first round series but without George leaving that was not going to happen.

Westbrook was literally and figuratively the 'Last superstar' that was made available.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nope but I have noticed people glad an injury prone player past his prime (but being paid like he's in his prime) is no longer on this team. His replacement a player actually in his prime and playing like it.

18. threepointshot3

He is despised and loathed league wide for demeaning attitude towards other players and now we know atleast Harden and Gordon that we know of had enough of his antics

19. threepointshot3

You are trying to reason with a moron

RudyTBag and vlaurelio like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Most likely austin too he prolly knew cp3 was on his way out thats why he took a paycut to stay