1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

If Paul was serious about winning a title he would have taken less knowing that he was no longer elite. Instead he went for a money grab. Nothing wrong with that but it shows what his real priorities are. Now he will rot away on a random team with no chance in winning. It is what it is.

Shark44 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

You could make the same argument about every max player that doesn't win the title.

Cp3 was willing to give up money to help the team build a champion. He demonstrated that by opting in SMS forcing a trade and leaving 16 million on the table in 2017. And he was willing to do it in 2018 to get a champion player here.

The player not willing to give up a dime???? His name is James Harden. And his name is also Russ Westbrook.

#482 basketballholic, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Ramo$e likes this.
  3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

James Harden and Russell Westbrook don't have to give up ****! Last I checked both are top 10 players in the league and are paid like it.

Same can't be said for CP3. We gave him the max even after he was washed up and he showed up to camp overweight after his pay day and it showed in his conditioning to start the season adding to his sharp decline.

CP3 ain't in the same class as Westbrook or Harden bruh

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I don't give a **** about hypotheticals. The fact of the matter is Chris Paul DIDN'T give up any money. He signed every last bit of that 4 year/$160M deal, knowing full well it was his last big contract in the league. I have absolutely no issues with him signing the deal, but don't sit there and pretend like he's this altruistic character when he knew full well he going to get his bag. James Harden is one of the top 3 best basketball players on the PLANET right now....he has no reason to take a discount. And when Russ signed his contract, it was considered a huge show of trust and faith that he was putting into the Thunder. This is an outrageously disingenuous argument you're trying to make.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

I

,re-sign Luc?

the guy who was injured all year?

6. basketballholic

Russell Westbrook is not a top 10 player. And neither man has won a championship. They'd better get it done.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. basketballholic

So because Paul took his full max deal he doesn't want to win??????

That is the argument being made here.

And that is what is disingenuous.

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

name 9 players better than Westbrook

9. basketballholic

Might not have been better.

Make a donation.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

kd, harden, giannis, lebron, pg13, jokic, lillard, curry, kawhi, embiid

extra 1 as a bonus

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm not sure who's making that argument, but it certainly isn't me. Like I said, I have NO qualms about CP3 signing that contract. If the Rockets had reservations about it, they shouldn't have offered it to him. But then he shouldn't feel shocked when he gets traded after it's clear his body is failing him as he ages. Just like Chris Paul looked out for himself by signing the deal, the Rockets looked out for themselves by getting out of the deal when an opportunity presented itself. His desire to win isn't under question IMO.

12. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

When did Gordon and Paul have an issue?

13. biff17

biff17 Member

What might not have been better?

14. riko

riko Member

Nick wright mentioned it and not all that shocking given Paul’s track record

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Based on last season Noway
    Russ is top10 but if he comes focused he can be

16. amaru

amaru Member

While what you posted is true, it refuted nothing in the post you replied to. So, in a round about way, you’re agreeing with me.

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Someone before that post said one of the ESPN shows mentioned it.

BeBreezy likes this.
  18. basketballholic

Harden
    Durant
    Giannis
    Kawhi
    George
    Lebron
    AD
    Embiid
    Curry
    Dame

Why only 9?

19. basketballholic

I could possibly accept that if we had traded him for a better player. But we didn't. We traded him for a younger healthier player. But not a better player. And we gave up 2 assets in the process.

I'd rather have an aged cp3 in a game 7 and out two first round picks than the current Westbrook or even the mvp Westbrook.

20. basketballholic

Make a donation and find out.