1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

IMHO...
    Paul got what he deserved. If you want to win a championship and you're on the downside of a great career, you likely will have to make some sort of sacrifice. He chose to get paid. By getting paid he limited the Rockets hand on building a team around him and Harden. Others like KD, Brady, etc. have made a sacrifice in compensation in order for their teams to be competitive.

This happens in the real world as well. Hell, I've lead our tech company in sales 3 straight years, but have received no commission or bonus. Why? I'm a partner and we can't afford it, like my other partners we have all sacrificed to take care of our employees and push money back into the company. Why? Because we want to build a great company and we realize we have to give up personal gains for the success of our team,

I have NO SYMPATHY for CP3. How many of us could come to work 70% of the time and still get our full pay/bonuses?

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Sources: Harden and Morey were betrayed by CP3 who got paid and didn't show up in the playoffs

4. basketballholic

More bs.

Paul was willing to take an additional one- year haircut to get Lebron to walk here.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Jesus,
    Spot on. Not too many 34-year-olds get a four year contract at 40 million a year on there on the downside of the career. He could’ve taken a lot less to be a part of a winning team but the Rockets were handcuffed salary wise with his big contract

6. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Call it what you want, but THAT didn't happen and no one else could come because we're strapped.

vlaurelio and amaru like this.
  7. basketballholic

Another non contributing non supporting member....:rolleyes:

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LeBron was NEVER coming here.

#468 TEXNIFICENT, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    luckyman76, Shark44, adw and 4 others like this.
  9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

We also felt betrayed when CP3 didn't show up for most of the playoffs.

10. basketballholic

We also feel betrayed that Harden continuously lays eggs in elimination games.

hakeem94, Farhan583 and BeardNation13 like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he made 1 million a year I wouldn't feel sorry for him. I could live off the interest of that for the rest of my life. Play one year at 1 million and be fine. Now, multiply that amount by 40 and feel sorry? That's pathetic. Paul is filthy rich. Feel sorry for the people who need help to simply get by, even working 60 hours a week.

Shark44 and amaru like this.
  12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol at holic trying to demean people who don't contribute to the site. Like some how his bs is worth more because he contributes money.

Corrosion, Shark44, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Anyone listen to Nick Wright this morning on the show with Chris carter? apparently Eric Gordon and Paul also had issues with one another and Gordon is happy paul got traded. They didn’t get along at all.You know Nick Wright got this either from Goodwill or Morey himself.

Unfortunately for Chris he seems to rub people the wrong way at every stop.It can’t be just everyone besides me at every stop.

Shark44, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  14. Caprah

Caprah Member

No surprise

15. threepointshot3

The common denominator here is the midget having problems with everyone

16. threepointshot3

what the midget pissed someone off to? Colour me shocked

17. amaru

amaru Member

Why didn’t he take it to ensure more team flexibility?

vlaurelio likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I think it’s pretty obvious there was contention over Carmelo, maybe not the whole blame but that might be the first domino as it goes. Paul’s injury...probably the line of no return. As he returned to play he had a couple post game interviews... I remember one he said he was just happy to be a part of harden’s greatness or something. Little sarcastic. He kept talking about keeping the spirit Right which is good advice but coming from one of the most notorious complainers...off-putting. There was the Steph curry/all star weekend clip about how James doesn’t want to play like this and I think now we can see the rest of that statement is (but old ass CP3 can’t be the guy he needs to spread the ball around). Which would obviously give Curry a smile to say. There was something Harden said about “finishing what we started” when Nipsey was murdered. The thing about Scott Foster, idk but now seems like there was more to it I just can’t put my finger on it. Maybe CP was getting in his ear that Foster was to blame, not CP’s damaged hamstrings. And the infamous “I know exactly what we need to do” is obvious now Harden was talking about trading CP for Russell Westbrook. We heard “unsalvageable” but saw CP sort of trying to downplay via media almost making amends to Harden while Harden was radio silent. Alas, too late. It’s all hindsight but I don’t think it’s wrong (and I don’t think it takes an insider) to say Harden has the hand on the wheel. This is my team. Your buddy sucked ass and you’re not much better. Shut up. I’ll do it my damn self. I’ve got homies that are better than you. Shut up. Nice playoffs old man. I’m going to the other side of the planet until you get got. Shut up.

Gordon thought he complained too much? The guy that literally screams every time he’s touched thinks CP takes it too far. That’s awesome. Nah, CP got zero room for hurt feelings. I hope he’s able to play out his contract because he can be an exciting player and the league needs all of em....but he can afford a mirror. Will be looking for a handshake (or nothing) during the next Hou/OKC game for sure.

Harden’s been tied to 2 notorious babies. He’s pulled so-so teams out of mediocrity and helped a big baby and a little baby get their last bottle. I have rooted hard against Westbrook for years but I don’t think he’s a baby. I think he’s pretty clearly the biggest star Harden’s been with during his own stardom. I think they are fire and ice but their ties are too deep to cause a meltdown.

19. basketballholic

Because he shouldn't have taken it. What we should have done was re-sign Luc and Ariza and ship Capela OUT!

Instead we let the real contributors walk and we paid Capela to poop a turd against the Warriors....AGAIN!

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Well if Paul has had issues with Harden and Gordon then he almost assuredly has had run ins with other players to.Unfortunately this is a reoccurring them with Chris.

vlaurelio likes this.