1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Houston wanst going to do **** with those Picks. We were never a rebuilding team we always try to win and those picks if Morey has his way will be near worthless.

2. biff17

biff17 Member

Really?

That's all you got.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol Rondo spit in his face and Tyson Chandler signed with us hours after the deal. People understand this situation and knew CP3 was handicapping us on a contract he really shouldn't have got. Opportunity knocked and the Rockets answered the door JUST LIKE ANY OTHER ORGANIZATION WOULD HAVE DONE TO PUT THEIR ORGANIZATION IN A BETTER POSITION TO CONTEND/WIN.

4. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We threw away our future when we maxed out Paul

5. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Once again, we see that the argument about Carmelo being a "risk-free" signing that the team could easily get out of if it didn't work, no harm done, was wrong. We're still seeing the effects of that disaster.

I do understand Paul's frustration. It's true that when he came back from injury, the gameplan had changed. Harden was coming off that amazing one-man show of 30-plus-point games and didn't want to go back to sharing the way he had in Paul's first season with the team. But that system had gotten them really close the year before. I love Harden, but I think he got a little arrogant.

It's a shame it ended this way with Chris Paul. He chose to come to Houston.

Gray_Jay and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Who cares about what they thought about him before, that one year he was year is one of the greatest seasons in Rockets history, regular season and post season.

Ahhhh here we go all the negative crap, he was also a great floor general, a clutch player, a great TEAM defensive player(you could see how much our defense got better with him on the court) a great guy for the community. Im sorry i expected people to show a little respect god.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m simply telling u the reality...it is what it is

HP3 likes this.
  8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Doesnt that make you an armchair GM as well. I dont see anything wrong about this trade. Ofcourse he's mad a team didnt want him but thats all he should be mad about.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude you are in fantasy land.

Do you ever get tired of making **** up?

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/6/...itted-to-offering-chris-paul-max-deal-rockets

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/2...d-to-offer-chris-paul-five-year-max-contract/

All of those words and you are dead ass wrong.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I believe CP3 did not like the way the Melo situation took place by all parties involved. I don’t know if Harden was
    involved, but I did see CP3 post up on the left block (facing rim) several times in the following games as a
    show of defiance......like saying, “Melo could be doing this!”

Both CP3 and Harden slow the Pace too much this past season: Harden because the Rockets (Harden) force a
    switch, that mismatch (say Curry) escapes the switch, so the Rockets have to reset the screen again.....then
    dribble, dribble, dribble to get past said mismatch. Sometimes Harden just needs to go after the first screen
    as the mismatch player is escaping the switch (and scrambling away), attack.

CP3 needs to set up a half court set predominantly and slow things down because he can not handle the
    fast Pace of most of today’s NBA. Age-related deficiency that Westbrook probably gives us more of a sped
    up Pace for greater length of time.

Greater Pace, equates to more opportunities and hopefully negates the less efficient Westbrook. Westbrook
    surrounding cast (of main perimeter shooters) in the regular season shot 33% from 3, while the
    Rockets (CP3) surrounding cast (of main perimeter shooters) shot 36% from 3 (minus Gary Clark stat).
    Westbrook had a great Ast% (assists) with less quality perimeter shooters. Now with Houston should
    have an uptick. Takes two to tango or have an assist.

Sorry to lose CP3 and I respect him a great deal; but the NBA has changed and favors the faster pace, imo.

#230 ApacheWarrior, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

https://www.clipsnation.com/2017/6/...itted-to-offering-chris-paul-max-deal-rockets

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/2...d-to-offer-chris-paul-five-year-max-contract/

12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Harden is a loser then. Franchise is not doing **** with this guy over the likes of LBJ/Curry/Kawhi.
    Have fun with that because we all know its true. At least now with probably the only other supposed star in the entire NBA with lower substance than Harden right next to him.

Challenging these morons to improve the offense should not be a thing of taking sides. And dont feel profound with that shitty leader is supposed to lead quote, stupid. Absolute bullshit that means nothing.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well then go root for LA then wtf are you still doing here?

Also a leader leading by example is not BS, it's true everywhere you go whether that's corporate or sports. But I wouldnt expect you know that cuz all you know is to whine that James Harden isnt LBJ.

Seriously who are you to call a multi millionaire a loser? You might be up to your ears in debt but still calling other people a loser lmao

14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

How in the **** does he lead by example, stupid? Hijacking the offense?

He was already calling plays off-ball quite a bit.

The actual powerful and leadership are dumb career losers in D’Antoni and Harden. That’s the problem.

15. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He Betrayed himself with the Antics!

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah that was before Westbrook fell from the sky for Paul and two first round picks.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

a-f*cking-men

18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i got 40 million reasons why i dont feel bad for him.

Corpusfan likes this.
  19. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

I just don't want Morey's name sullied within NBA players circle ...

That sh*t is bad for business.

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Heres the problem. The Rockets were better when CP ran the offense. The flow was better, and everybody got shots. Guys like Faried, EG & Green got off. So I understand exactly what CP's gripe was. James doesn't really run the offense or hit guys when they're open. All CP was saying is let's get others involved, because it makes us harder to guard. But ofcourse MDA & James ignored him & it cost us a series

Corpusfan likes this.