1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O'Brien on Clowney status &quot;He was out there today and did some things but it's a game-time decision. He seemed to move around decently.&quot;</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/523178588724404226">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OBrien said Brooks Reed should be good to go against the Steelers.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/523178760892211200">October 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Texans.com said Clowney practiced today.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Game time decision.

He's going to play.

It happenin.

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

it would be great to have him and daryl morris back..

5. Remii

Remii Member

I understand that a majority of clutchfans think Blake Bortles sucks but if a re-draft was done right now and the Texans still picked Clowney #1 _ that's just ignorance.

And are you sure the Texans wanted Irvin...? Doesn't seem like "Texans Material" with his track record coming out of college.

6. tmacfor35

You are ignorant for assuming the Texans wouldn't pick him.

Clowney is unknown and will still be unknown by the end of year 1.

Rookies are unknown. Peter King tabbed Brooks Reed to be next years DPOY after his rookie season.

We won't know what we have until the end of next year.

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

So silly. If this story never came out, Clowney came back this week, and then went all Gronk on us and f'ed up his knee further....the Texans would be vilified for bringing him back before he was ready. Should have let him come back on his own timeline, etc.

People will go grass is always greener with this stuff. Just let it go and see how he does when he gets back.

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol don't be so dramatic. clearly there is something brewing here as the coaches and players are not happy with him.

9. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Why then do you so actively participate in a forum with what you see as the dumbest fans in sports?

Anyway, it's a little early to get off the Clowney bandwagon. He better come back in the next month and then we can evaluate him for the rest of the season.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not the forum, it's the fanbase in general, this is far from the only forum I participate in. As to this forum, there are a certainly some smart sports fans here, but just like any forum, all too often they are drowned out by the dumb, loud, pessimistic, and panicked.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i didnt realize how perfect you are!

i guess it's natural for you to tell everyone what to think & how to react.

in other words... you're bossy.

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Some are assuming it's about him playing monday night , maybe it's more about putting in the work to come back and not necessarily for the steelers game

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

But we're talking about major surgery here, not a sprained wrist. He chose to have the tear removed so he could play this year - possibly jeopardizing himself for the long term.

I'm aware of his reputation of skipping games to save himself for the draft, but the draft is over. He got what he wanted. Why would he be doing it now (aside from thinking about the rest of his career, which is totally understandable)?

Plus, this "story" reeks of being just another "unnamed sources" type story with no legs. He practiced today and there's a good chance he plays on Monday. If he starts on Monday, it's going to make everyone in this thread screaming for heads to roll look pretty silly......

14. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't assume what the Texans would do... I said if they did.

Peter King _ Peter Griffin... What's the difference...???

And that's a long azz wait for a once in a generation prospect that can walk on water. I don't believe it took that long to see what Peppers was about. I think Clowney will be effective as soon as he's healthy and on the field. Staying healthy and on the field is the concern. I just tend to believe the quarterback position is very important but that's just me...

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I'm not telling anyone how to think or how to react, I'm just laughing at those whose reaction makes them look foolish or ignorant. React ridiculously, get ridiculed for it. That's life.

16. tmacfor35

You fail to realize that QB's and bad ones at that can harm the franchise for years.

Hello David Carr!

Blake Bortles sure doesn't look like a star in the making.

#116 tmacfor35, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's better than when he was suggesting that we should have gone with Sammy Watkins LOL, now he wants the meh quality QB instead of the #3 WR with the first pick in the draft.....that's progress.

18. tmacfor35

Ain't that the truth.

Watkins at #1, I would have rather done that then Bortles though.

I remember the hype train that started with him over Teddy B, and for the life of me I didn't understand it.

Teddy looks like the better rookie right now. Even with that piss poor game against the Lions.

19. Remii

Remii Member

The rookie wage scale my friend so it's not as dangerous as it once was. And any bust at any position can hurt the franchise. The quarterback just gets the most attention.

According to whom... You...?
    A lot of the experts out there are saying good things about him. Warren Moon said he had the most upside before the draft.

But screw Warren Moon... What does he know about being a quarterback.

20. tmacfor35

Any bust can hurt the franchise yes? But the QB is going away the most important position.

I am not talking about a rookie wage either. I am talking about something you don't get back, and that is TIME!