1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sounds like a future

[​IMG]

:)

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

From any perspective it is disturbing. The coaches pushing a player back or a player being a diva. No matter which side you believe someone is at fault which is a bad situation for the team as a whole.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are like... maybe 2 guys I'd rather have had than Williams that draft. And to be honest I'm not sure I'd take Ngata over Williams at this point.

If we had a redraft I'd still take Clowney #1 right now.

We should have taken Peppers over Carr. So another defensive end. They probably passed on DE because the fans always cry and get butthurt over drafting a QB.

Andrew Luck isn't always available. I'm glad we've done our best to not force 1st round picks recently. Merciless might have been forced, trying to find something after our guy Irvin was taken.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1. Should have taken Peppers

2. Correct pick

3. Time will tell, but there's no rookie out there killing it, so very likely the correct pick.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Lol... I see what you did there.

Bullet proof.

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The **** are the coaches doing asking him to play before he's 100%

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. You new to Football culture?

If it weren't for Concussion protocol players would be on the field 5 minutes after being rocked in the skull.

Coaches goals are to win games not to look out for the players future health.

8. Bandwagoner

JJ Watt was far from healthy against the Colts. That is football.

9. rolyat93

Nah, I was just BOB and his staff were smarter than "football culture". He has a little Marvin Lewis in him I guess.

10. rolyat93

Were the coaches pressuring him to play though it when he didn't think he was physically ready?

11. Bandwagoner

Who knows? Probably. That is the culture of football.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think every single one of us knew that this was going to be an issue at some point in Clowney's career as a Texan. He just doesn't seem to have that fire (like Watt) that motivates him to be the best player on the field at all times. It doesn't mean that he won't be a great player WHEN he's on the field, but what it does mean is that the other guys in the locker room are never going to rally around him like they do guys like JJ and Andre. Unfortunately, I was hoping that we'd get at least 2 seasons out of Clowney before his motivational issues came to the forefront. The guy hasn't even played one half of football, and it's already a talking point. That's disappointing.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, you guys are acting like he's recovering from a broken toenail or something.

14. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Lol, that's so ridiculous. I could see Sheldon Cooper typing this along with, "you have violated the roommate agreement!" The man is an athletic freak, maybe his meniscus needs another week or so b/c of how explosive he is. Derrick Rose needed more time b/c of how he plays whereas a Ray Allen type wouldn't have needed as long to recover. The main objective with Clowney should be to get his knee completely healthy b4 returning, not worried if he's a week or two behind a normal person's timeline.

15. Raven

Raven Member

He shouldn't play until he's 100% or as close to 100% as an NFL player can ever realistically be.

16. Major

Major Member

I don't think this is an issue for most players. It's only the case for Clowney because of his history at SC, with his coaches calling out his work ethic and commitment to the team in his last year. And all the talk about him not playing hard to protect his draft status, etc. So this fits an already established narrative.

It may all be completely untrue, but it's going to follow him around until he can prove otherwise.

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Marvin Lewis?

18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

If push comes to shove I would trade him for a established qb. But there's none available. He's leaving when his contract is up so I'm down with trading him if he doesn't produce anything for us next year. I wouldn't trade for picks because ol' rick is just gonna **** them up. There's a dark cloud over our organization. Besides JJ and arian(who are both playing injured) there's just nothing positive. I'm sick of mediocrity!!. Why can't we draft?!.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well you have to admit that his history works against him here. If this was anybody else on this roster, I don't even think it would be discussed.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Does anyone know if this is the type of injury that you can re-injure? They removed a portion of his meniscus, they didn't let it heal on its own. If not then I'm fine with seeing a 90% Clowney out on 10-20 snaps next game.