1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bill O'Brien said Jadeveon Clowney expected to be game-time decision. Clowney said he thought the chances of him playing are &quot;slim.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/538021493481824256">November 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jadeveon Clowney didn't practice,says chances of playing slim: &quot;My knee swelled up a little bit.When the swelling comes up-a little setback&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/538025824079720449">November 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

#781 J.R., Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Geez. Just give me a little something to be optimistic about...things just keep getting weirder and worse.

For those so keen on the Texans trading down in last draft, let's face it, I don't think many teams were willing to give fair value for the #1 spot. Most teams were more than likely content with what fell to them. It was a "bad" year to have #1 pick and the Texans hand was more or less forced in taking Clowney because of his physical talent and potential....but drafting on potential is always a scary and risky thing.

4. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

He got a new endorsement deal.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k1cAYWi9E_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao!! Kudos my friend :grin:

6. Remix

Remix Member

I'm over Clowney for this season. Pretty much expecting to do nothing.

What a disappointment for the number 1 overall pick. He's only played consecutive games once and the games he has played in he's done squat.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But that's impossible, he was medically cleared, how could he be having complications?

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Disappointing. He's the guy I wanted the texans to draft. Shut him down for the yr and get the knee to 100%.

If none of these draft picks pan out and the qb situation is still uncertain the texans may actually be worse next year.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is that the narrative you're going with?

1 person likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is. He had an injury that's known to have complications, and he's having complications with it. It's pretty straightforward but I can see how it would be over some people's heads.

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So if Clowney has the same production in 2015 will you admit he's a bust?

12. MystikArkitect

Sounds about right. At this point the Texans draft rankings for this year go Blue, Hal, Prosch, CJ, then the first three duds. Suafilo at least doesnt get it. JaDivaOn and Nix seem like a couple of lazy bums. Crazy we could've traded our pick to Buffalo and picked up Barr, Shazier or Mosely. Or just taken Mack straight up.

Texans. Smh.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on the circumstances, but probably. Next year will be big for him, he'll have to stay healthy and put up numbers to avoid the bust label. If he doesn't show something by this time next year, starting to throw out the bust label would be appropriate.

14. Mr. Clutch

So if he gets injured next year he's a bust?

Seems harsh.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if he gets injured significantly next year, the "injury prone" comments will have a bit more weight and I'm not going to argue with the bust comments if that happens.

As to this season, it's premature, he had an injury that's known to be problematic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;He had a lateral meniscus tear, which takes longer to heal and tends to be more problematic&quot;- <a href="https://twitter.com/PFTCAT">@PFTCAT</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> LB Clowney's slow recovery</p>&mdash; PFTonNBCSN (@PFTonNBCSN) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFTonNBCSN/status/537016781312098304">November 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

and it's being problematic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jadeveon Clowney admitted today he's in a lot of pain. Knee has been swelling. Said he's had a setback. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/538024868961583105">November 27, 2014</a></blockquote>

Hopefully it won't end up like D Rose.

16. Mr. Clutch

The Texans medical staff doesn't seem to be the best.

FO gives extension to Schaub and Cushing assuming they would return to full health.

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

EDIT: Forget it. I'm not having the same tired conversation with the poster who has the biggest god complex on the board. The entire Texans fan base is the dumbest fan base in the NFL, right?

I'm still waiting on your ranking from most to least intelligent fantasies. Where do the jags stack up?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did you have the same exact injury? If so, how do you know? Not every meniscus injury is the same....you do know that right?

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Oh no what a vag for not pushing through a fairly major knee injury.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

This. What are they waiting for? Put him on IR, mark it down as a lost season, come back next year.

"I'm the best I'm going to be this season. There's a little discomfort. It's going to be there until I get a long break to rest my knee. It's just something that you have to push through. - Clowney, October 23<sup>rd</sup>, 2014