1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

If only he had the drive/ heart like Watt.

He's a freak athletically, but really seems to lack that drive.

If he's anywhere near 90% he should play (of course if he's been cleared). He has an history of being injured, so it's almost like just prolonging the inevitable. SO play, and play through the minor injuries (if he's just sore).

2. Summer Song Giver

He's a bust.... freak athlete who can't stay healthy. Good job Ricker.

3. Remii

Remii Member

So do you believe every player that steps on the NFL is 100% healthy...??? I hear many football players say the last time they were 100% healthy was in jr high school.

But I can't fault Clowney. He's his own business and has to do what's best for him.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Uncle Bob made it clear who the Texans were going to draft. I don't believe Ricky & Bobby had a choice.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Good news is he'll be a beast in two years. Contract year.

1 person likes this.
  6. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I rather see him at 100%. But, we do need him out there.. Clowney and Watt is what we waiting to see!

7. Summer Song Giver

yeah well, Uncle Jerry err I mean Bob, needs to get another hobby, talent evaluation ain't his strong suit. Get a GM who has personnel control and stop with this Mcnair dinner table discussion method of running the team.

The idiot owner and his son are 100% part of the problem.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The meniscus has healed at this point. It's a 4-6 week window and we have surpassed that point. Chances are, he feels some soreness or is worried and is holding himself out, even though he doesnt need to.

He has a track record of being more cautious than he needs to be...so I can definitely see a situation where he's 90-95% back, but mentally, he feels like he's 70%. Honestly, you cant play in the NFL if that's the way you think. Watt could be 75%, but will feel like he's 90%. Same goes for similar mentality guys like Cushing. Clowney is the opposite.

Now, if he does play on Monday and gets hurt, I'd be more inclined to think that he's just injury prone (as evidenced by the last 5 months) over the fact that he came back too early. 6+ weeks is not too early for the type of injury he had. And if that is too early for him, then we are in for some future frustrations...a mild ankle sprain will take 3 weeks...a concussion will take a month...an MCL sprain will take 8 weeks...etc....

9. rezdawg

This is probably the most accurate post in this thread.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Stop saying we have surpassed the 4-6 window or that he's been out 6 weeks+.

Monday will be exactly 6 weeks in terms of number of days since the surgery right?

11. rezdawg

Monday afternoon will be the 6 week window...Monday night football will be 6+ weeks. :grin:

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hasn't played one game and a few weeks into his rookie season people here are already calling him a bust and diva because of him not wanting to play when not feeling 100% healthy and confident.

This is wrose than the GARM.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

IS Rick Smith made of teflon? No one holds him accountable for anything. I'm not even angry, that is just incredible.

14. Summer Song Giver

Rick Smith's only purpose is to deflect blame off of Mcnair, Bob and Cal, they run this team. The next puppet they bring in as GM will have the same role.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

No biggie. Get 100%, no need for recurring injuries.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Imagine if I told you that your team would have the #1 pick three times over a 12 year span and you would end up with...

1. David Carr
    2. Mario Williams
    3. Jada Clowney

Yeah........

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, just a bunch of extremely ignorant fans making themselves look like jackasses. When other fans complain about how bad the Texans fanbase is, I have a really hard time disagreeing with them. It's pretty pathetic.

18. Nook

Nook Member

It goes higher than Rick Smith.... it goes to ownership. Look at the people that Uncle Bob has repeatedly surrounded himself with and kept on long after their usefulness expired.

19. Summer Song Giver

When fans of other teams rag on what a joke this team is, I have a hard time disagreeing with them.

There is enough history now of poorly handled situations to make that determination.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't think it would be given that you rag on the team far more than any fan of another team would.