1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If there is one person in this world that would make an excuse, it's Clowney...and even he said he felt great before and after the game. You dont have to go out of your way to defend his knee at this point...Clowney is more than good enough to play...he wont be any healthier than he is at this point.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Said like someone who has never had a serious knee injury before. Being physically able to use it is one thing, fully trusting the knee to the point where you are going all out with it is another.

As to his position, are we still having this conversation? Really?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So will he actually play next week? Two weeks in a row is unprecedented but to be fair he barely played against the Browns.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Mack has been freakin ballin... I doubted him coming out of college but if the Texans were seriously looking at him over Clowney _ they may have blew it.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That's a mental thing then...not physical. And he's said he's completely fine...so there shouldnt be any excuses moving forward.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

As I've said before, I've torn the meniscus in both of my knees. I know what it feels like and I know what the doctors say.

Also, why is the conversation not worth having if we are finally seeing him play the 3-4 end? It's the equivalent of talking about it in week 2 since this was only the 2nd time we saw him play.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He got his first sack yesterday.

The Texans didn't blow anything.

Mack's production didn't warrant a number one.

Clowney has time to prove that.

8. Remii

Remii Member

That's one more than Clowney has... He's also in the top 10 in TFL... He's right behind J.J. in that department, and he has 6 quarterback hurries. Considering he's getting "J.J. Watt treatment" from opposing offenses because there's not much in Oakland's front 7 to worry about, and he's just a rookie ---> that's damn good.

And Clowney only had 3 sacks coming out of college dude. His production didn't warrant a #1 pick if you want to go that route. Great 40 time though.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At least you've stopped talking about Bortles...

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We knew going into the season that Mack was a more NFL-ready player than Clowney. Nobody ranked Clowney higher for his floor. It was the ceiling that we were all salivating over.

Rating draft picks based on 10 games of play in the first season is absurd. If we did that to everybody, then no quarterbacks would ever get taken in the first round. It's not about how you start, it's about the finished product that you end up becoming at the peak of your prime.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And thank god everyone has stopped talking about Bridgewater who like Bortles is one of the 3 worst QB's in the NFL with more interceptions than TD's.

12. Summer Song Giver

That's not how I remember it at all. Mack coming out of the small school had way more questions about his game than did "gods gift to pass rushing". Problem is the Texans turned the guy into a project of sorts by asking hi to play a position he had never played before.

Can he play LB? And can he stay healthy. those are the unanswered questions. Mack is answering his question marks. Now Clowney must stay on the field and answer his.

13. Summer Song Giver

Johnny Johnny Johnny!

14. Nook

Nook Member

Mack has been playing at an All Pro level most of the season thus far. I personally believe few defensive players deserve to go #1.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the stats certainly don't show that, there's nothing special about 44 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble in 10 games. I haven't really seen him play though so maybe it's all intangibles. I hear he has a lot of TFL's though I don't have numbers on that, but he can't have THAT many if he only has 44 total (56 including assists).

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Believe it or not, by NOT playing.... he's actually at least maintained his value.

The other two QB's (Bortles/Bridgewater) have diminished their value... while Carr is sort of running in place (but probably has the best overall tools of any of the QB's... and hasn't looked as lost as the others).

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

All pro level with one sack?

Conor Barwin has 12x the amount of sacks.

Heck, Jared Crick and Whitney Merciless have him beat too.

So many know it alls in this forum. Not saying you are nook.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

not sure where you came up with this...

bridgewater has 150 fewer attempts with only 500 fewer yards than carr... higher YPA... same rating & qbr... and 5 fewer fumbles. not to mention bridgewater is 1.5 years younger than carr.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Some gif's of him dominating against the Browns. He'll be a stud. So will Clowney if he can stay on the field.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ating-up-blocks-vs-cleveland-browns#268419626

TFL Leaders:
    Watt 14
    Lavontte Davie 14
    Mario Williams 12
    Khalil Mack 12

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

People said Clowney dominated last season with only 3 sacks and he did. Check out the link of Mack playing against the Browns and tell me what you think.