1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Coaches frustrated w/Clowney, some Players say he's a diva

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by NateNate, Oct 16, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Three weeks ago, I had food poisoning symptoms while seeing patients. I'd literally see a patient, make up an excuse as to why I needed to get something from the sterilization area, run to the bathroom, puke, then step back in and continue drilling. These were day 1 symptoms...Clowney is working on Day 4 symptoms of whatever it is he is feeling.

He just doesnt seem like the guy that wants to put his all out there or the type of guy that wants to win no matter what. That alone, I have a major issue with regardless of his physical talents. You cant get to the promised land with people who play with that kind of mentality.

2. Buck Turgidson

Not arguing with any of that at all, just pointing out that it's a little more than a "cold".

Also, glad you're not my dentist. ;)

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree...had no choice. :eek:

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

well written

5. conquistador#11

lucky for us The merciless is playing like a number 1 pick and I use number 1 pick like bill cornbread worrell uses it.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

:)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>this ***** <a href="https://twitter.com/clownejd">@clownejd</a> over here liking girls pictures on Instagram while his team is playing right now... <a href="http://t.co/UaTtva7Bj3">pic.twitter.com/UaTtva7Bj3</a></p>&mdash; Mark Anthony. (@markcityyyy) <a href="https://twitter.com/markcityyyy/status/528983965521043456">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

If this is true...dude.

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

What, he can multi-task? ;)

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It might be more of a bad look that Cushing IS on the sideline and Clowney isn't.</p>&mdash; Paul Gallant (@PaulyGSays) <a href="https://twitter.com/PaulyGSays/status/529000861888835584">November 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why is not on the sideline?..supporting his team...learning the game..just being around the atmosphere..
    Im sorry guys..but we ****ed up the #1 schaub gave us

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm the last guy in the world to defend Clowney...but if he's truly sick and maybe contagious, I don't want him on that sideline.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Oh you're right...I was under the impression that he isn't really sick

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, you pick a huge waste like this, and what does it set you back?

I don't think much, but you basically wasted a season of suck for someone who doesn't care.

I hope the Houston media and fans on social networking call him out until the noise gets so loud he can't bear it and starts answering.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but the best thing this team could do right now is start Mallet and see if he's any good. If he is, trade Clowney for as high a first round pick as you can get. You take your chances again, but you'd more than likely end up with someone who cares about playing at a position of more need than what you get with Clowney. Hell, even if Mallet sucks, you get his horrible attitude out of here and send a message to the players that things are changing. With two first round picks next year, you can afford a quarterback with one of them and still get an impact player with another. Maybe a stud lineman. Maybe secondary help. Who knows.

#413 Two Sandwiches, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Work on Mario .....

Rocket River

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not sure what you mean?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The reality is...no one would give you a first round pick for Clowney right now. I love your idea, though.

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Bill OB doesn't sound like he's too fond of clowney

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

O'Brien:

I see a rookie player injured and trying to come back from injury. Had a set back with the flu. Hopefully he's back ready for Cleveland. He's had a couple of injuries, some of it's bad luck. I think the world of Jadeveon Clowney. No one is frustrated with him. We speak multiple times per day. Hopefully he'll be ready to go. He's working hard to get over the hump and get back on the field.

Rookies, we have them, they have a choice of press box or locker room. I'll have to see what that is, I don't know anything about that.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

There would be plenty of teams still willing to give up a late first round pick for Clowney. I still think he's going to come back and have some amazing games, but then there is no telling when he'll get some nagging injury or fluke illness again.

20. downbytheriver

does anyone else find this more disturbing than the state of houston football? incredibly selfish behavior .. no wonder healthcare has gone to **** in this country

1 person likes this.