1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Celtics approached the Rockets on interest in Gordon Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 13, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

The Celtics woudnt be trading him if that was the case.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This isn't a basketball post.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

One important difference is that PG’s injury was strictly bone related (minus surrounding tissue). Hayward’s injury involved ligament as well since it occurred at the ankle joint.

DonKnock, HP3 and snowconeman22 like this.
  4. basketballholic

Nope. Nope. And nope.

Too much money. Not a good enough player. Especially coming off injury.

But.....Morey offering those picks for Butler tells the story. It got Ainge's attention. Ainge is obviously trying to stash assets to make a bigger play....for Anthony Davis.

Which tells me something else.................a grandaddy offer of Gordon/Capela/4 picks/contracts for Davis/Solomon/whatever is a legit offer that Boston and the Lakers will have a difficult time topping. Pels ain't gonna want Hayward's deal if they move Davis. They will want cap space, picks, and young players. Gordon and Capela can likely be converted to two more picks and expiring deals. That's basically 5-6 picks, plus a youngster or two on rookie deals and a lot of cap space to start rebuilding with next season....by taking on bad contracts for more picks.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. Very doubtful.

But...this might be a long season to the deadline with everybody waiting to see what the Pels do.

3 big superstars to watch now:
    1. Davis
    2. Durant
    3. Kawhi

Any of those guys could come available. Gotta watch the Durant/Draymond saga in Golden State. I know the rumor is Durant wants Lebron and the Lakers. But.....you simply don't know these guys. The ones at the top of their game constantly give misdirection. Durant COULD be setting up a play to get to Harden and Paul. Who knows. Or Durant could be trying to push Draymond out. Who knows... Or the Warriors could decide they've gotta move Klay rather than pay him....

We all know KLove can be had. And you can probably put John Wall in that category too. But neither player really fits here...especially Wall.

So, that's the landscape. If the Pels play well and are a playoff contender...then no Davis on the market. And he might not be there even if they are out of it.

Barring any of those 3 above.....we're gonna have to round out our roster with multiple players....and the best ones to get are guys on rookie deals that have proven they are players and are either still under contract or facing restricted free agency.

Let the Heat have Haywood and we'll help them by taking on some salary for some more assets.

That's our play for right now. Take on even a little more salary for a nice asset and then hold for something better later. Talk Melo into staying. Get Clark more run. Get Qi back healthy. Find some minutes to take a look at Edwards. And wait unless one of these big superstars becomes available early.

Sometimes you gotta just win slow.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What do you think it would take to get Hayward and Rozier?

MGC, hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I smell the blood too. Take them all if u wish. U can have MCW Ennis Melo and Hartestein for Gordon Hayward

:p take them all. We give u MCW for free is a good deal ;)

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

My man LOL.

hakeem94 and UTSA2step like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If Jaylen is unhappy with his role then move the 4 firsts for him, and let Hayward start for that team in Boston. They'd still be r****ded good. And we'd be getting one of the best young talents out there

DonKnock likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

For Brown? Nah, no way, hard pass.

malakas likes this.
  10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

if we can get hayward and one more decent player its probably worth it. gordon has been bad for about a whole year now. if we could get them to throw in someone like ojelaye, then maybe go ahead and pick up nick young..... that is much better than where we are right now. hayward is a legit all-star player. his stats arent bad because he is still injured as much as he doesnt have a comfort zone with the team. they have too much good young talent there. young guys find it difficult to take a back seat because they want to prove to their peers and the league how good they are.

rozier, brown, tatum, and hayward all struggling because no one really wants to accept a lesser role. until the firmly establish some kind of pecking order they wont reach their potential.

11. macan

macan Member

jimmy b thread gave me bad dreams, hope this thread gives me wet dreams

BigShasta likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

sure but they wouldnt do that.... they can get more back dealing him separately most likely....also rozier wants to start so he probably would not sign an extension here. ojelaye makes more sense for us.

13. basketballholic

Jaylen isn't worth it either. He's a good young player, good skills, and great athlete. But there's a reason why Ainge keeps slyly sliding him out there to gauge value. He's simply NOT the player that the other guys are. Now a package of Jaylen, Marcus Morris, and Rozier....for Gordon, Edwards/Clark, and a pick or two....yeah...let's talk.

But Jaylen and Haywood....nope. And Jaylen for 4 picks....nope.

hakeem94, cbs1507 and malakas like this.
  14. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Morey will probably respond to them feelers after this Melodrama is settled.

15. RocketsFanBrian

Here we go again

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I forgot about the size of his contract! :eek:

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’d be surprised if the Rockets went this route.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So would I.

19. mockster

mockster Member

Tbh I think this could turn out well for rockets.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. pli777

pli777 Member

Gordon for Rozier and Hayward?

I mean Hayward has been pretty shaky in his return but once he gets a full season under his belt post that horrific injury there's no reason why he couldn't be back to the 2nd or 3rd option as CP3 regresses.

He has size, can shoot the 3 and most importantly plays a lot of D when healthy, he's also not a huge ego and I think his post up mid range game will help in PO when iso becomes the norm as well

hakeem94 likes this.