1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo open to multiyear deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coogie3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The max extension is 3 years. It's Les's money. It's not like Carmelo is injured all the time like T-Mac or Yao.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Forget Carmelo, I'm waiting to see his wife LaLa and her super girl friends in the H on a regular basis. Please move to Sugar Land and take Tmac's house off his hands. It's got to be difficult for Tmac on $1.3 mln to maintain that house.

3. amaru

amaru Member

lol I have a sneaky suspicion that T-mac has more than 1.3 mil in his bank account

4. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

pure speculation on your part. if you are wrong,then the rockets got screwed bigtime not getting a top 5 player in melo

while they are winning championships year after year. yeah,they might have no mle,but when you have 3 max superstars you dont need a mle, vets come to you for cheap to win , just like they would with melo/yao/martin

again,pure speculation on your part, and name me the "2 max free agents" that Morey can get so easily,that want to come here? isnt happening. even if you are right,we are screwed. if superstars are making 10 million, then martin is overpaid,yao is overpaid,brooks will be overpaid,scola is overpaid. if you turn down melo for being overpaid,based on superstars making 10 million,then why the hell did morey give a 30 year old scola a huge ass contract?

value like lee? value like lowry? value like scola? they wont win you a championship. they wont get you to the finals. they wont even get you out of the second round

we need melo. period. end of discussion. i win.