1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Carmelo open to multiyear deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Coogie3, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Rockets87

Rockets87 Member

I thought the whole reason he's looking at leaving is LaLa wants him to move to NY since thats where her work is. Intresting twist

2. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

And the day has come for the light to shine bright on the Houston Rockets!!! Suck it Bosh!! And thus the fun shall begin!!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i really doubt we keep budinger in a deal for Melo. They need scoring more than Battier..

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Only to get our hopes up to then crush it from a 120 floor building.

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Uhhh.

Yao Ming
    Luis Scola
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Martin
    Aaron Brooks

... uhhh...

WANT.

I don't even care who of our young rookies we have left after that. Nuggets want Budinger? OK. Patterson? Sure. Hill? All right. 2011 first rounder? Sure. 2012 first rounder? Fine by me. All of the above? Well.... hmm....

And who knows? If we get Carmelo, perhaps Chris Paul would be more interested in H-Town...

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i think that was an excuse....he just wants to be paired up with younger talent that's capable, since he realizes the window is closing next to guys like Kenyon and Billups.

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

It would be amazing to have a starting line up of

Brooks
    Martin
    Melo
    Scola
    Yao

Hey, if the Lakers can get Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown lets see what Morey can do.

9. snc

snc Member

I don't see what NY or NJ really have to offer. I would think the Knicks wouldn't Amar'e without even seeing him play a game, plus AFAIK they cannot use any future 1st rounders since you cannot do that in consecutive years, and of course we have their current 1st round.

The Nets really don't have anything better than a combination of Brooks/Martin/Battier/Jeffries/Hill/NY Picks...

So if it really is between these 3 teams, I feel good about our odds.

10. ThaShark316_28

Glen, we're underdogs in this...No one will be too pissed if it doesn't happen. Ask anyone. The issue around here is some of you guys think that it's going to be a massive cry fest around here if we DON'T land Anthony. We already have had thoughts of our team being as it is now (except for Ariza) going into camp...saying "it won't happen" won't hurt anyone's feelings. The thought right now is still:

Yao, Martin, Shane, Scola, Brooks starting.

Lee, Chase, Hill, Chuck, Lowry, PatPat, and Miller off the bench.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Then the Wizard already knew this would happen and this presser is just an excuse to start toying with the media... ;)

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

goodbye AB, Scola and Lowry?

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

You know, it doesnt actually quote Melo, but the fact that it may have actually come from him does inspire some hope. It's not just some analyst saying yet again, 'well Houston, they got assets'...It <i>may </i> be coming from the horse's mouth.

Also, I do believe there'd have to be some sort of a 3 way with Denver. I don't think they'd want either Brooks (they have Billups and Lawson), or Martin (long contract) straight up. But we should not have any problem finding a 3rd party to take Brooks while giving Denver something. We may even be able to find a taker for Martin (maybe a contender needing scoring) and find something to flip to Denver. It may be tricky, but it could work out in the end.....of course, if Melo signs that extension first :cool:

14. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

I agree, that starting lineup looks sick

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

that actually made me throw up diarrhea out my mouth. But seriously, if we could get melo, it would be better than the tmac deal.

16. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Well, the Rockets will be very thin at the 3 position next season after Battier's contract runs out.

17. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

QFT. :cool:

18. seanluu

seanluu Member

pleaseeeeeeeeee melo....

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Finally a superstar that wants to come here!

I'm not too high on 'Melo the person, but I think he's grown up and his game is still growing. He would be amazing in this offense, too.

If we can get him without giving up K-mart that would be remarkable.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hmm maybe I can take my Dorsey jersey and just write Anthony on the back in sharpie

success!