1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Brian Hoyer named starting QB

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 24, 2015.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, and it got us the number one pick ;)

And this year there might actually be good QB prospects at 1.1 :grin:

In all seriousness, lets see what Hoyer can do with this scheme.

2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

What a **** show.

Texans won't win more than 5 games.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dsappointed, but not surprised.

The unknown was better than than the known in this situation. Mallett may have been bad, but he may have been great. We know Hoyer is simply OK.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Maybe it's because we all saw it coming but it doesn't bother me much.

Hoyer deserves a chance to prove himself without the fans being down on him from the start. Cleveland is the worst franchise in football, so that doesn't count for much IMO.

Now if he continues to be average and we don't address the future within the next year or two, that's when i'll have a problem.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd prefer Mallett...but honestly, I'm not sure it matters all that much either way. Such a boring franchise, though.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/31g0YE61PLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Whatever, man.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

there goes another houston team wasting years of a star player (Watt).

9. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

**** the Texans...

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What I've come to learn is that Mallet will for ever be a back up in the NFL. The dude was in one system the entire time, and still has NOT shows mastery of the offense. He was just bad running the offense. Perhaps he is a second half kinda guy, but he has to be very disappointed in his performance on Saturday (basically the entire off season)

Something has to be said that this will be the best offense that Hoyer has ever played in...that being said, I have no clue how he will look for this season. He started off strong last season, and then midseason totally lacked confidence. Once the Manziel experiment failed, he was pushed back into a situation that was lose-lose...Hoping for the best, but not expecting much...

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This isn't surprising at all. Mallett sucks…he got way overhyped from that Cleveland game, where all he did was speed up the tempo. He didn't show anything from a quarterbacking perspective.

But you know, like it's been said a million times…Fitz is the worst starter in the NFL…and it was all OBrien that was able to make him have a 95 rating with 8 ypa, therefore, we really shouldn't have to worry about Hoyer.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I am surprised so many here thought it would be Mallet. The guy is just too inconsistent and has no short game. But if Hoyer fails early in the season, his chance will come.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

It was Hoyer's to lose all along

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this subtracts a few wins from what I was expecting the Texans to have this year unless Hoyer gets pulled early. Only thing to do is hope for the best.

15. cardpire

cardpire Member

Well, he got that in Cleveland. He certainly isn't going to get that here.

16. magman

magman Member

I hope he turns out to be good or falls on his face completely. Tired of trotting out mediocrity hoping for ok or no mess ups.

Ball out or get him the hell out.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

shocked at the amount of people who think we'd be good with mallett, bad with hoyer.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here's the way I look at it: OB won 9 games using 4 QBs, starting 3 last year. If he wants Hoyer now, I'm giving him benefit of the doubt.</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/635811379539111936">August 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I'll be surprised if he plays every game. Mallet will get his chance. I don't see Hoyer doing many things to win for us. 5-6 games is my prediction.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Guess that hype train derailed.