1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Bill Worrell being pushed out by Rockets organization

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 18, 2016.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If you put Calvin in, and remove Drex, then the rockets broadcast is in top 5.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is Vince McMahon. He pulled a J.R on Worrell. He made Harden his dirty Triple H . Morey is his son Shane McMahon. Only hope we have now is Stone Cold Steve Hardistry. Clutch needs to go in there and stone cold all those sum b****es.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we need a change, but if Clyde is still on board we are not making enough of a change.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Never said that.

This is the same guy who demanded that Clyde be part of the broadcast team because he liked him. He never liked Calvin... wanted to get rid of him from day one. This is the same guy who wanted new uniforms (twice) to capitalize on fads/current trends... and now will refuse to go back to a logo/color-scheme that was around when he wasn't.

Worrell has skins on the wall... well before Les, Tad, Daryl... he deserves better. He was far from Milo/Harry Carey incompetent. ON that note, Ackerman is far from a up-and-coming star... his schtick is actually quite annoying to a lot of people.

5. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Gene Petersen will always be my favorite Rockets announcer but Worrell is next. But I think it is time for him to retire - seemed wore out from last year's debacle.

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

He really doesn't annoy me that much, but he is starting to lose it. In a town like Houston that basically tears down all its history every 10 years or so, it's nice to have a staple like Bill Worrell. Like the Dodgers radio guy who has been with the team for like 60 years! I just like that familiarity and "legend" status. It makes me feel like our team is historical.

Best of luck to him in his next adventure, aka the golf course and/or Florida :)

7. basketballholic

If Less wants to go young then we need to start at the top. Start negotiating the sake of the team to Michael Dell or Scott Duncan.

8. Levi

Levi Member

I officially hate Le$lie

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm not so much against moving away from Worrell who is getting senile, but to keep the moron Drexler who also drags him down with his non-understanding of basketball and being too lazy to prepare (so he cannot even correct Worrell) is just beyond stupid.

10. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

its reasonable to entertain the thought of moving on from worrell - his quality has declined his mistakes have increased and like many have pointed out the broadcast team is constantly cited as one of the worst

with that in mind define what you mean by "he deserves better." better than what?

despite this not being worrells decision but knowing that the decision has been made i have no doubt that theyre going to try to do this in the most respectful way possible to worrell and he is going to get a pretty nice package on his way out

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The man is a breath of fresh air.

Fire the AK ie old fart owner.

12. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

ya les should sell the team because people on this board - specifically five people on a worrell thread - think hes a bad owner. thats the right way to make decisions about your billion dollar assets

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Dude is almost 70. Not a real shocker on any account.

14. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Praise God Almighty!

15. J Hard

J Hard Member

r

Did you read the OP post stuoud?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nice.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Anyone out there still on the fence about Les Alexander being an *******? No?
    (cyberx, this is one of those scoops I wish you hadn't uncovered)

Mr. Alexander, you are an *******.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Exactly. Same Zach Lowe that learned about basketball yesterday.

Homer or not, I've been watching Bill forever and have always enjoyed watching him. He's been there longer than most of you have been fans. I'll miss him when he's gone.

All the best Bill!

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Mchale, Worrell, clutch, Joel Blank, Dwight....quite the yr for Les.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Difference between Bill Brown and Worrell is that Brown is still good at his job. I hate to break it to most of you guys but Worrell has become borderline unbearable to listen to with his homerism combined with the lack of knowledge about today's game.

I grew up with Worrell just as much as you guys did. But it is time.

1 person likes this.