1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Astros Blocked a Potential Deal That Would Have Brought Rockets Games to DirecTV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jan 15, 2013.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Hahaha. Garbage Astros cockblocking.

Does anyone even care about the Astros anymore???

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hate baseball.
    Can the Astros just get contracted? They're not even good.

3. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

People needed sources to hear the obvious? Everyone knew the Astros were the ones who have blocked any potential deal.

I just can't imagine this debacle sitting well with Les. The guy is a business man, and entered a contract with no leverage. The Rockets have been the only consistent winners in our sports teams. They're playing competitive ball right now, and only a fraction of the fans can sit and watch them?

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I hear San Antonio wants a baseball team. Can we trade them the AAAstros for some quality taco buses and maybe a couple of hills?

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

all the pretend houston fans comeout to bash the astros.. you guys are clearly BOF, like you ever supported the astros outside of 2005.. im gonna order 2 more new astros hats just to spite you all, i might even grab an altuve jersey.. im not going to let a tv network split my loyalties to houston sports..

1 person likes this.
  6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

**** JIm Crane and the Houston Astros! Please no one go to the games! You ****ed up my Rockets! I Hate you Jim Crane!

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

**** your ALstros.

8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Looks like I'll be wearing the rangers or cardinals jersey I need to go buy to the games I get free tickets to. Think I'll replace the numbers with $$ and have CRANE on the back.... F*** the stros, f*** Comcast.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Also ironic that it is his former team prez George Postolos calling the shots for the Astros now. :)

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

**** you, Jim Crane, you sonofabitch

And I hope all of you Drayton bashers are enjoying all of this

12. LonghornFan

Yeah, I was at the no hitter Mike Scott threw. I was at the 16 or 17 inning game when Craig Reynolds had to pitch back in the 80's. I witnessed the Billy Hatcher perfection. I was at opening day of Enron Field...I've been around, but **** 'em. They lost me when Bags and Biggio retired for the most part, then with the move to the AL, and especially now after reading this. I'll be buying a Cards jersey and snickering at that laughing stock of a franchise. Enjoy the losses and failure. Once I hit my 30's, baseball was just a time waster between football season and the NBA season. Simply lost interest in 4 hour games when there is so much else to do.

13. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I said a long time ago that the Astros were probably the ones causing the problems. And I still say that a deal will get done shortly before baseball season starts. I bet Les is rather pissed at Crane right now. You can blame Les for getting involved in a deal where he didn't have full control. But Les may have never believed that Crane would screw over the Rockets and their fans. Now he Knows, but it's too late.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol @ bof when baseball & basketball both start with the same letter.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

lol enjoying what?? you guys are seriously overreacting.. you act like youre missing the Heat-type of team..

drayton checked out around 2008 and made this debacle of a team. jim crane & luhnow are trying to pick up the peices from the drayton era. drayton is just as responsible for the move to the AL. he wanted to sell the team and bud selig said the only way crane could buy the team was moving to the AL...

16. LonghornFan

Nobody cares, shut up.

17. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

Doesn't matter what type of team we're missing, the fact is we're missing them (a very young team with a superstar). You think Astros fans won't be overreacting after missing a month of games? How about 3 or 4 like we have?

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

As the only person in this BBS who regularly posts in the Astros forum, I'll say that any opportunity to demonize Jim Crane is perfectly fine.

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

BASEBALL SUCKS

20. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

A few thoughts:

If Postolos was the one who had the idea of joining the Rockets and Astros together then why do the Rockets have only a 30% ownership in the deal? Wouldn't we assume that the Rockets would of lobbied for at least half or more in ownership if proposing a joint partnership w/ the Astros?

Yes, F Crane but you can't really blame why the 'Stros nixed the deal. Jeff said in an earlier post that the Astros get wider coverage than the Rockets. More coverage equals more subscribers which equals more money. Pure dollars and sense. The Rockets kinda efffed themselves here a little.