1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans plan to cut Andre Johnson if he refuses pay cut

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by joeson332, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He got benched so we could see what we had in Ryan Mallett who had one really good game and then the worst game of the season by a QB.

2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

What about the winnable games earlier in the year that Fitz had a big part in the Texans losing? It was a mistake going with Fitz, period.
    Anyway, Andre deserved better from the Texans as far as the QBs them had throwing to him all these years. I would hate to see him go but would blame him if he did to get a more realistic chance at winning.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Keep telling yourself this if you must , but Bill Obrien is in the business of winning games & thought he needed to try another option to get that done.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It had nothing to do with his 10 yard sack at 2nd and goal or his INT inside our own 20 against the Steelers.

5. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Why r u hating on Mallett?
    Fitz has given us a lot more to judge him on, u can't seriously believe he is a better option at QB than Mallet.
    Granted, I don't think either is the future and hope they will look elsewhere.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes he can, he's the president of the Fitzpatrick fanclub. I think Fitzy gets a little too much hate, but when this many teams let you walk, it pretty much confirms you aren't a good option as a starter.

7. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you mean more money than he's currently making?

if so... i am speechless.

8. Summer Song Giver

With Rick Smith apparently sticking around, I'm sure this is possible.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not "hating on Mallett" and I'm not "president of the Fitzpatrick fanclub", you people think in such ridiculous binary terms. Mallett shouldn't have played when injured, him doing so is why we lost because he had the worst QB performance of the season. That's not "hating" on him. He did a good job the game he played while healthy and I look forward to see what he can do in the future.

If you look at how Fitz did, he was giving us about 223 yards per game on average and a 95.9 QB rating with a little better than a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. That's pretty solid, and as good or better than we'd have gotten elsewhere. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make someone a fan or a hater.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

what does any of this have to do with Andre?

I have a feeling this was Andres last game for us which makes me sad... I think thats why we kept trying to get him a TD

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

damn near got choked up that moment knowing that possibly could have been his last touchdown here.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

you take sports way too seriously.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

you take comments on internet blog threads way too seriously

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

'I do not think that word means what u think it means'

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You post on a message board every day.

A "sports" message board. You obviously take sports much more serious than the average sports fan.

I got choked up when Kevin Walter scored to clinch the playoffs for the Texans the very first time around. I'd guarantee 90 percent of the fans did too.

Stop being a D-bag.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Good to see AJ go out on a positive note... Gave us a big game to remember him by. I would love to see him take a pay cut and stay but if he's smart he'll get the hell out of dodge.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't know if it has already been mentioned but Keenum sure knows who to suck up to. He makes sure Andre got the ball often and in the endzone. Didn't work last year.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which word? I'm pretty sure all of those words mean exactly what I think they mean....

19. baubo

baubo Member

Debating among Fitzpatrick and Mallet and Keenum is like debating Marcus Camby, Sam Dalembert, and PPat at center. Ultimately the answer is that none of them are good and at the end of the season Morey signed Asik instead. Unfortunately, Rick Smith has shown to be the exact opposite of Morey when it comes to making moves. :(

Andre needs to get out of here ASAP, latch on to a contender (can you imagine AJ in Seattle?) and get some post-season run to bump up his standing among top WRs in history.

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

so you're a liar? cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.