1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans Front Office This Offseason “Will Be Interesting”

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Exactly. Trying to turn a boring interview into a story. Nothing more.

Save your outrage for the offseason if Smith is retained.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Who has more seasons advancing past the 1st round of the playoffs? Morey's Rockets or Smith's Texans?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Report: Robert Griffin III Could Be A QB of Interest <a class="hashtag" action="hash" title="#Texans">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/JyN5dW0NNk" title="http://www.scout.com/story/1624981?s=116">scout.com/story/1624981?…</a> <a href="https://t.co/IaJw4qD3qI" title="http://twitter.com/SOTTexans/status/678627906981990400/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/IaJw4qD3qI</a></p>&mdash; State of the Texans (@SOTTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/SOTTexans/status/678627906981990400" data-datetime="2015-12-20T17:27:55+00:00">December 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If he could be had for cheap, sure. I'd trade a fourth round pick for him, nothing more. Then, I'd still draft either Wentz or Hackenberg in the second.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ragdoll Griffin III?! :eek::grin:

6. conquistador#11

the source is probably Griffin jr jr's agent just lazily naming teams that need a qb.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hoping the Saints make a play for RG3 which will make Brees available for the Texans to snatch up.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

RG No No NO

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

No one wants suRG3ry

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't really understand how anybody could be against bringing in RG3 and trying him out. Brandon Weeden just finished yesterdays' game for us. We've been QB beggars for 13 years, tell me why we can be choosy now.

Hell, I'd bring in both RG3 and Kaepernick to see what each could do with O'Brien. Athletes have benefited from changes of scenery before and Washington is a dumpster fire unlike any other in sports. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out, but don't be so dismissive when we're one more injury from starting Brandon Weeden and bringing in a Waffle House short-order cook to back him up.

11. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Robert Griffin The Turd.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gonna be a cluster.

So more of the same

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point, a toilet seat would be an upgrade at QB. Of course you take RGIII if he wants to come. You still draft a QB in the first round.

14. J Hard

J Hard Member

How is it lazy? If a team needs a QB and your guy needs a new place to go then sure you name QB thirsty squads. Only a moron would think negative of that.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

-Will want to start
    -Could be a distraction in the locker room
    -Will cost money/cap space
    -Waste of the WR talents

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And that's a problem considering who is on the roster now?

Then cut him. Isn't that what a taking a flyer on a player gives you the right to do?

So will any QB. The Texans have pretty much knocked themselves out of draft contention for a good QB (or this could be a weak QB draft). So, should they just stand pat?

They're already wasting the talents of DeAndre Hopkins like they wasted the prime years of Andre Johnson.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, T.J. Yates—I defy anyone to find four worse QBs playing for a team in a single season.</p>&mdash; jeffpearlman (@jeffpearlman) <a href="https://twitter.com/jeffpearlman/status/678666427822309377">December 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No, they shouldn't stand pat... but have you seen Griffin's contract? Texans would have to absorb a good chunk of that in a trade.

You wait till Washington cuts him and then re-negotiate with him at a substantially lower rate... but no way they bring him in at his current contract's price.

Same goes for Kapernick.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

We are not talking about right now. We are talking about next year. Hopefully they start the year off with better QBs.
    Yeah but it could cost them a couple of games

I would rather they spend the money on better QBs. That's my point. I'm not saying stay pat. I'm just saying aim higher.
    So you want that to keep happening?

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not to mention our TEs.

And our depth at WR and RB.

Brutal.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Any QB from this draft should sit a year, based on what we've seen. I've said it many times that I believe Wentz will be the best guy from the draft. We most likely haven't played ourselves out of contention for him. Also, if Hackenberg declares, we could potentially get him in the second. I know most aren't high on him, but if O'Brien signs off on it, I'm for it. He's struggled behind an absolutely terrible line. Should improve as he learns more, gets adjusted to a better system, and has some blockers.

Something like Wentz and Devontae Booker or Ezekial Elliot and Hackenberg, coupled with a legitimate speed threat at WR, and maybe a decent tight end, would do incredible things for this team.