1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Texans Front Office This Offseason “Will Be Interesting”

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

In fairness to Rick Smith in the drafts under B O'B...McKinney, Blue, Johnson, Fiedo, Sua' Filo, Clowney, Hal, etc have all fit into these schemes and are making positive plays.

And where would the Texans offense be w/o the free agent pickups of Newton, Wilfork, Shorts, Washington, Grimes, Polk, Hunt, Hoyer, Yates, etc

All of these guys are making a big contribution right now in these last few games. I think there were a ton of distractions on the team that were handled correctly. More importantly this is becoming a team that's becoming a true team and gaining a lot of confidence. With the three big injuries on NE's offense, I feel right now Texans could win out the rest of the way.

Regardless, today was one of the most complete games put together in Texans history. Proud.

1 person likes this.
  2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Great post. The timing of this "breaking story" is a bit odd. The last 2 draft classes are starting to contribute now that they are healthy/ have learned the system. Moore and Graham have contracts that have have minimal dead money after this season. OBrien hasn't quite earned the right to go for a power grab.

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

A lot of it has to do with Bill O'Brien and the coaching staff for making these players better. I don't think TJ Yates and Brian Hoyer would do much with other teams. Bill O'Brien is the real MVP here.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

BOB gets credit for the draft IMO. They run a very coach centric draft

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scary thought, but what if the young guys (specifically Clowney, Johnson, and McKinney) make a Watt-like leap at the end of the year like JJ did his rookie year?!? Remember how much better he was late in his rookie year (and playoffs) than the start of the year? Clowney, for all intents and purposes, is a rookie, and I'd love to see the switch go on for him and the near sacks turn to real sacks.

Go Texans!!

6. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see the Texans beating the Pats and then beating the Colts on the road. Nor do I see how they take their division unless they win at least one of those two games. Anything's possible, but I am not holding my breath. If, however, BOB gets the Texans into the playoffs, I don't see how you side with Smith. Honestly, I want Smith fired irregardless.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

A couple weeks ago, we were sitting at 3-5 going into a Monday night game against the undefeated Bengals. I never saw us being in the position we are in right now...but anything is possible at this point. It's a 50/50 shot of making the playoffs, which in itself, is incredible.

As far as beating the Pats and the Colts in back to back weeks...thats unlikely, but the Texans dont have to win all their games to make the playoffs. If we beat the Bills, Titans, and Jags...that puts at 9 wins which will put us on the bubble. Beating either the Pats or Colts will assure us of at least a wild card, I would assume.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I think many people need to see this as two different teams.

They are allowing 8/9 points a game for the last 4 games?

Two of which were top 5 offenses who had there weapons.

Defense certainly travels and they will be tough to beat any given week if Hoyer takes care of the ball.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I guess Daryl Morey should be fired too with the Rockets winning without Lawson.

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

If we only had a healthy Foster I think we would be able to do some damage in the playoffs. Too few weapons on offense I think, but I do like how BOB acknowledges this and is getting creative. This team will need to run a few trick plays a game to generate points.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Consider me hopeful but I would like to see Hunt in more running situations/out in the slot.

Speed demon.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hope they are smart enough to know that they still need to get a RB in here next year. RBC doesn't always last long.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Same here. I think now that he's shown he can hang, they'll find some more ways of getting him the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do as a returner, too. Mumphrey hasn't done anything to really to say the he's the permanent solution at KR and PR.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That is how Purdue used him. He was used out of the slot as a runner and receiver. He also excelled at the return game.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans owner Bob McNair covets franchise QB, wants to keep GM Rick Smith

McNair plans no changes at top but wants franchise QB

#75 J.R., Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I hate Bob McNair. Always a loser.

17. Mr. Clutch

Loser confirmed

18. Mr. Clutch

We're gonna waste more picks trading up

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who better than Rick Smith and Bob McNair calling the shots!

20. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO so inevitable....