1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Source] Rockets expect to keep Omer Asik for the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets don't move him to bolster their bench, we aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Asik will not make more money than LeBron next year or any year. LeBron makes more than 15 million per year from the Heat alone. We don't even have to talk about endorsements.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Yup, quite possibly a first round exit.

4. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

With the way the team is playing and coached, we aren't going anywhere anyways. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

fify.

6. 523744

523744 Member

Honestly I don't find any fault with Asik at all. He requested a trade the day Howard was acquired. This is on management for either thinking they could play both and/or trying to drive up his trade value and failing miserably.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

At this point id rather have royce white than asik...

8. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

I think all of us agree that it was a mistake keepin him,the Day Dwight signed with the Rockets he made it known he doesn't wanna be here

9. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Morey tried to go after Ryan Anderson in the offseason (after the Howard signing) but NOP wasn't interested. Could've gone after Milsap and Josh Smith too, but they signed with their current club before the Dwight Howard signing.

I don't see Asik being happy with Morey hanging on to him for the rest of the year and do think that's only going to hurt us in the long run.

10. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Morey was forced into this situation but it happens and he is expected to handle it.

Give Morey a failing grade of 0/10 for his handling of the Asik trade.

The team is worse off because of his failure. No rose colored glasses for Morey here.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I'm not buying it either...:eek:

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The problem is he signed a contract to do a job, they tried it didn't work so he has to do his job. It's pure childishness.

13. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

goodbye jeremy lin?

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Damn Jeff Hardy looks creepy!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Come on, fellers. Asik's injury is so bad he can't even travel with the team?

Notice how his absence from the team coincided with the failure of the self-imposed trade deadline. Sure, he might not be 100%, but his pouting ass is being kept from the team.

Some deal will go down near the league deadline.

16. Remii

Remii Member

He may stop pouting if he knows the Rockets can't trade him and wants to play...

17. Remii

Remii Member

He does bolster the bench and the frontcourt all together... If he plays.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Huh? Name me any other job that you can get paid and not do your job, regardless of the circumstance. And he is getting paid millions to add to that. I'm very disappointed, cause he is only hurting his own value. Man the hell up.....

19. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

How many of you saying that keeping Asik is a bad idea who were outraged when it was rumored we would get Bass and Lee?

Complain now but if Morey made a deal just to get rid of him and you didn't like the deal you would be making threads about how bad the trade was.

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I hate how this situation has been handled, but I don't think Morey should just take any deal. I wish Asik would realize that playing, and playing hard is the only way he could get his wish.