1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source of a Source: Morey is Out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, May 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thaddeus!!! :grin:

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

The new coach, maybe D'Antoni :rolleyes:

We'll be back to the Francis/Mobley era in 12 months probably...but it seems that some people are ok with this, i'm not but to each his own i suppose...

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

Morey is one of the best in the league at finding talent. Diamonds in the rough, why would you get rid of that? Signing Beasley was a good move. He just needs to hire a good coach!

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Source of a source of a source: original source is out

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Coach/gm dual roles in the nba have not fared well.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I think Morey could have done better in some areas, but unlike Les, Morey isn't short-sighted and is a perfect counterpart to Les. Firing him would be a HUGE mistake, but if you're going to do it you need to just f-ing do it so the new GM can move forward.

Coach/GM is an awful idea, BTW. They don't have time to do both.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

COD BOMB.
    Thanks Cod.
    Legit rumor is legit....

[​IMG]

8. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

[​IMG]

Terrible if it happens, Morey's the only reason we acquired enough talent so we could complain about how much we underachieved this past season.

1 person likes this.
  9. Play07

Play07 Member

#dwightmare

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lands a coveted star in one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history. Sells a coveted free agent (future notwithstanding) on coming to Houston to play with aforementioned star. Fields a team that makes the WCF despite sub-par coaching. And we want to fire him? Lolz get out of here

11. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

From what I've seen on the BBS, most of the people who defend More-or-less-y generally also defend Harden as a legitimate championship-level #1 player who carries too much of the burden offensively due to horrible teammates and gets too much blame defensively.

My question is why would Murphy being gone change the fortune of the franchise so much with Harden still being here if the latter is the case? It's not like Murley has a set of quality players around Harden at the moment. The next guy will somehow do worse at surrounding Harden with talent?

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Giving the coach full control is a terrible idea, especially if it's JVG, the players he wanted were trash.

I hope this isn't true.

13. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Les is dumb...

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Has Calipari been mentioned in connection with the Rockets anywhere? Seems like a guy Leslie might want to hand over "full control" to, if those rumors are true. Big name, big ego, could probably sell himself to Leslie really well.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Luckily there are no aging former JVG-era Knicks left in the league.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem is that
    no matter what someone says
    players (like everyone else) know that Morey is able to acquire talent, to make your team better in more ways and he's able to keep you in the mix...losing him to a random coach trying to also be a gm would just be bad for the organization. I think Harden knows this too, and a random coach with no clue in how to move a team outside of the court will be enough to give him one more reason to bolt next year. Don't forget that a coach/gm also limits players power, which i'm not saying is necessarily a good thing, but may be enough to keep top players away from your team, especially if you're not at Pat Riley level.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

But you still have PJ Tucker and Tony Allen out there. :eek:

18. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I would be for this also. But no there has not been no connection maybe comes out of left field.

19. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

If this is true this will look very very bad on Les after he was adament that Morey's job was safe with the Rockets.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Morey brings in the guys to be interviewed and makes recommendations - and yes, I am sure Les makes the final call.

DD