1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Met's GM will allow Don Baylor to join Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by moligity, Jul 12, 2004.

1. hjg877

hjg877 Member

UPDATE!

According to Peter Gammons, Jimy will be OUT by noon tomorrow and the new manager will be either Phil Garner or DOn Baylor.

Baylor is preferred, but whether the Astros will be able to get him (really, if the Mets will allow him to speak to the team; if not, **** NY!).

Garner 'seems more likely'.

2. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Frankly to me it matters not who they get so long as Jimy is gone.

Not for the sake of Jimy deserving to get fired, but for the simple fact that something needs to happen to change the mindset in the clubhouse. If many of the players are upset that Jimy gets fired, I'd rather them be thinking about that than the terrible slump they have been in.

Garner or Baylor, both work for me.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I want Garner and his proven track record of success.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Start with Jose Cruz, or Biggio?