1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Kings inquired about Aaron Brooks, dangled Omri Casspi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Braga, Jan 11, 2011.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Whether there is a source or not the truth (not fact, truth) is that Kings want Brooks and Rox want Cousins. That certainly appears to be 'conventional wisdom'.

If that is true then can two motivated trade partners find grounds for a deal for these two? :confused:

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The only way it happens is if Cousins rapes Evans in the shower. Otherwise, no chance.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I did read a rumor a while back that Denver had inquired about Caspi.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you are saying we have about a 50 % chance?

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I'd take Dalembert over Cousins for our system and needs. I don't see much upside in Cousins. I think he will =Eric Dampier. Big body that takes up a lot of space. He isn't very skilled. Yeah he can dunk but i don't see him blocking 2-3 shots per night, just giving up some hard fouls at the rim.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So your saying it could happen?

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Does Sacramento keep offering crap for Brooks, hoping for him now, thinking we'll cave in because in the offseason (destined to be a very long offseason) they might just get him to sign an offer sheet that we won't match?

Not that Casspi has no value, but he isn't Brooks.

8. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

I don't know why people are giving him so much grief over this. I think I read somewhere that the Kings asked about Brooks but I didn't know they tried to give us Casspi (as if we didn't have enough SG/SF already).

I have seen threads 10 times worse then this one posted on this board so I don't know why you guys are all over him for just passing along some information.

Don't forget we first heard about the trade for Steve Francis from Vancouver where a guy just overheard someone talking on their cellphone.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Why does Caspi get so much love, is he really anything special?

10. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

2 twenty point scorers that play no defense. Scola isn't exactly getting any younger. With Cousins, they have a foundation for their future, the exact same reason you are willing to give up AB and Scola for. Like i said, Sacramento has already said that we do not have anything that intrigues them enough to include Cousins. If i am wrong, I will gladly apologize and begin to do flips out of joy.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is one of the chosen people. Very few of them in the NBA.

1 person likes this.
  12. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's the chosen one...

13. AXG

AXG Member

Did they dangle Carmelo?

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Actually, I would say the Rox want Cousins and the Kings want Brooks and Cousins. I don't see the basis for a deal there.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am not willing to give up this until recently when Patterson played well enough to replace Scola as a starter. I honestly dont even think Cousins is worth both of these guys but he fills the role good now that Patterson can fill Scolas and Lowry can fill Brooks. Even if we are getting less back in value to me? By far I think Because at best he ends up as a good center about the value of a Scola or a little better. But???? Its worth getting him to downgrade because we got Patterson at PF and lowry to fill in for Brooks. Upgrading our defense while going younger. In no way is he the equal of Scola and Brooks though. Its just a sacrifice because we have solid guys to fill by consolidating our roster. In a sense we get better by playing Patterson more minutes along side Cousins.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Let me reiterate that. Cousins would be a downgrade to Scola and Brooks traded for him. They certainly make a team better than Cousins will by himself. Our situation is we have Patterson and Lowry though and the deal to get a good center is worth losing them for young upside to go with Patterson.

17. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

i agree, i would rather play PP than scola. I love scola, but he is a liability on defense and it really shows when we face long athletic 4/5s.

id rather go younger and more athletic, because that is the direction the league is going. We need to adapt to compete.

18. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Who wants to sex Motumbo?

19. roksoer

roksoer Member

lol funny, in my 2k association the kings just got anthony and have become unstoppable

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

That what I like about him too. Pat has good defense by his smart play it seems. Also he is very athletic. He does everything Scola does besides score as well(Even that might end up close too). He defends better, blocks better shots, and rebounds around the same. He is athletic so teams cant jump over his back for rebounds and guys cant go around him as easy as Scola. I think Patterson is our future powerforward if he keeps proving himself out there. I do think Morey moves Scola if Patterson keeps playing to prove he can hold down the spot.